cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Global parameters CSV file

glászló
4-Participant

Global parameters CSV file

Hi!

Is there a way to export the global parameters from a design? I can't find it. I know I can import it, the import option is there in the global parameters, but there's no export option. Or the global parameters.CSV file should be written manually?

Best regards!

Laszlo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

'global parameters' CSV file should be written manually; if you need to copy global parameters from one design to another -> use method described by Frank ,

Regards,

Gaby.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
fmohr
5-Regular Member
(To:glászló)

Laszlo,

In Creo/Schematics 3.0 you export the global properties using FILE --> Export --> Design Properties.

Importing is under the "Data" tab.

Cheers

Frank

glászló
4-Participant
(To:fmohr)

Hi Frank!

Thanks for the reply, I used the Design properties export, when I had to move global parameters from one design to another, I thought there's some other way to export a .CSV file from global parameters. Thanks!

Regards!

Laszlo

Hi,

'global parameters' CSV file should be written manually; if you need to copy global parameters from one design to another -> use method described by Frank ,

Regards,

Gaby.

glászló
4-Participant
(To:Gaby_K)

Hi!

Thanks! I thought there's a way to export the .csv. Is there a guide how to write this global parameters.csv file? If I load one of this will it override existing parameters, or will it erase all other parameters and leaves only the ones it the .csv?

Thanks!

Laszlo

Hi Laszlo,

if the parameter is a default parameter in Creo Schematics, you can't override it (while importing CSV file you will get a message it fails to import this parameter since it exist and protected); if the parameter is a user-defined parameter - you can't change the type or Constraint if it is already used by some instance and change will cause violation( i.e. if you have parameter speed which is constraint to range of [0,300] and value of 250 exist in one of the instances in the design - you can't change it to range of [0,200] but you will be able to change it to [0,500] ) ;you can change description and Units (this will be overridden without any notification even if the parameter is used).

Therefore the best practice to move parameters (export-import) between designs is to use Export Properties and Import Properties; Import Properties will notify you if parameter definition is changed before it is overridden.

the 'import global properties' is only for initial setting of the design.

You can find info regarding CSV files in Creo Schematics (including global parameters) in help topic "About the CSV File Format" & more detailed example of global parameters file in "Example: Parameters File"

Regards,

Gaby

fmohr
5-Regular Member
(To:glászló)

Gaby,

I agree with your answer to this issue.  I would also like to request PTC to create a CSV export of the global properties.  If you have an import tool, you should also have an export tool.

Frank.

Top Tags