cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Goemetric tolerances in ASM

afontaine
6-Contributor

Goemetric tolerances in ASM

Hello the community,

In Creo2, I would like use as reference a reference come from another part (see picture).

The purpose is to create a geometric tolerances annotations feature in the part Grey (link to the basic dimension 7.5) using a reference come from the part blue. It is really the need because the asm is an overmolding and the definition has to be embended in a drw of the asm.

The probleme is that I can not use a reference come from anther 3D model in the Geometric tolerance creation window.

Any idea ?

Many thanks

BR

Arnaud Fontaine

08-06-2015 13-47-55.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

You can create a skeleton model with datum planes and use them as a reference to create the blue and gray part. By this you can use the references to create the GD&T in the drawing

afontaine
6-Contributor
(To:Praveen)

Hi,

Many thanks for your answer.

The blue part need also their own drawing, that the reason why I tested others solutions given by a colleague:

- Copy geometry of the datum in the gray part. Result: it seems to be impossible to use datum in the GD&T.

- Inheritance feature (with suppress of all solid feature, only keep needed datum). Result; Ok it is possible to select datum from the inheritance feature. See below.09-06-2015 11-15-26.jpg

At the end I can obtain 2 drawings using the same references which is the functional need:

- Gray part:

09-06-2015 11-18-09.jpg

- Blue part:

09-06-2015 11-18-44.jpg

If you find easier solutions, please write here.

Thank you

BR

Arnaud Fontaine

Top Tags