cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Green box in drawing in place of the actual view of the model.

Milkman
3-Visitor

Green box in drawing in place of the actual view of the model.

Has anyone had this show up in a drawing? I don't know what happened to my detailed view and I can't even select the green box to do anything with it.

Capture.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10
psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:Milkman)

It looks like you erased the view called "MAIN_VIEW" - you can confirm this if in the Drawing Tree, the view name has an icon that is grayed-out.

If that's the case, you can resume it right-clicking its entry the Drawing Tree list and selecting "Resume View".

Or, switch to the Layout tab, then in the "Display" section, select "Resume View".

"Resume View" is not an option. Delete is my only option from here.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

As Paul mentioned view which is in green (Main_view) is an erased view. To display this view, you need to resume the view using Layout Tab > Select View > Resume View or simply select the view name in drawing tree > RMB > Resume view.

Erase view functionality is basically to increase the performance when working with large drawings.

View.png

"Resume View" is not an option. Delete is my only option from here.

Your view might be missing a reference. Review the view properties and see if something is missing.

This is an unusual case since resume doesn't work.

I can not view properties as I can not select the view.

psobejko
12-Amethyst

Greg, does this ghost view show up in your drawing tree? If so, right-clicking on the listing there only shows up "Delete view" option?

This is strange. I tried to make this failure appear by making a detailed drawing and then deleting the component that the view is referencing, but all you get is a warning.

I also tried to make a drawing with views based on several models. If I deleted one of the models and tried to retrieve this drawing, it would not open at all...

gkoch
1-Newbie

Greg,

since everybody expects the option "Resume View" to be available and it is not, you probably should consider opening a case with technical Support - I hope you can provide your drawing for investigation?

BTW: Is this really about Creo Visualization or is is standard Creo Parametric in drawing view? Maybe the model associated with the drawing view is missing?

Gunter

Milkman
3-Visitor
(To:gkoch)

It is a standard Creo Parametric model but a layout controlled program is being used. We are thinking the problem must have to do with that.

In this situation you may want to take a look at "Drawing Program" under the Tools tab:

drw_program.jpg

"Define states" menu allow you to select which view to show or hide for a given state.

"Edit Program" is where you set the conditions to enable or disable the states previously defined.

If you want to edit the program I suggest to use the "File Edit" option. This will open the program in the text editor (like notepad).

Top Tags