cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Greyed Dims

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Greyed Dims

Hello,

I am asking for a co-worker who called and described over the phone.

He says he is creating dimensions on a drawing, but when he goes to change aspects of the dimension like tolerance type, etc. The areas are greyed out leaving no options.

I feel like this has happened to me in the past once or twice. I was thinkin something is either locked or read only. He can save the drawing aftr creatinf the dimensions. Just can tweak the dimension style, etc.

Ring a bell with anyone?

CREO 4.0

Thanks,

Wayne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:wfalco)

@wfalco 

Detail option tol_display needs to set to yes to enable tolerance tab (File > Prepare > Drawing Properties > Change Detail options)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Check if tol_display option is set to Yes

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

@wfalco 

Detail option tol_display needs to set to yes to enable tolerance tab (File > Prepare > Drawing Properties > Change Detail options)

When I try to update Tol_display to "yes" it will not update.  It reverts to "no*" without an error message.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:MW_9257980)

There is a Tol_display in config.pro and in the detail.dtl file. The detail.dtl file may be named something else, but is a .dtl extension.

With your drawing open, File - Prepare - Drawing Properties. This will open a new window.

Under Detail Options, click on change to open the editor.

In the Options box, enter tol, which will bring up tol_display and then set the value to yes.

This will change the value in this drawing only.

To set it for all future files, existing must be set manually, open your drawing template and make the change. You may need your system admin to do this. My users do not have write access to the system templates.

I am the sys admin for my company.

I navigated to the detail options with no issue, but the tol_display option will not update to yes, it allows me to select yes as a parameter, but when I click add/change, nothing happens, no error or anything.

I have permissions to edit other options, but for some reason tol_display will not cooperate.  It is as if something else is driving it, and wont allow a manual update.

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Both responses were correct. I guess I can only accept one as solution.

Thanks so much for the solution!

Top Tags