cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

HOW TO CHANGE SCALE REPRESENTATION IN DWG

llie
16-Pearl

HOW TO CHANGE SCALE REPRESENTATION IN DWG

When I set scale of view as 1/3 for example, in representation it shows 133/400. How do I make sure that whatever format i enter the scale; the same is represented?

14 REPLIES 14
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:llie)

In your PDF creation settings, do you have Stroke All Fonts set in the export dialog?

Ben,

they are saving PVZ format files, not PDF.

MH

Martin Hanák
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:MartinHanak)

Isn't the PVZ format a combination of PDF, some metadata and compressed? The drawing itself is still a 'PDF' formatted file.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenLoosli)

It looks like this is a 3D model, not a drawing.

To your original point, yes, the Creo View adapters can be configured to output different file types for the drawing.  Depending on which is selected, the PVZ could include a PDF, PLT (HPGL), DWG, etc.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

can you upload some test data ?  Use How to Attach a File to a Discussion Reply procedure.

MH

Martin Hanák
BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Wonder if it is part of this issue and is fixed in M110?  https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS241113

All,

The image is from an MBD model doing a File, Save AS, .pvz in Creo Parametric 3.0 M070.

We get the same results from the CAD Worker when we publish during check-in of the file to Windchill.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

I tested CR3 M100, CR3 M120, Creo View Express 3.1 F000.

Left annotation was just created in Creo (not edited).

Right annotation was created and then edited (empty lines added by Creo were removed).

I think the problem is related to CS241113 mentioned by Brian Toussaint

Please open Case at PTC Support and report the problem.

MH

Martin Hanák

CS241113 states the problem is in Creo Parametric 3.0 M100. In CS24113 the issue is that when a user is editing a 3D note using Porperties dialog box additional line breaks are added.

In my case the line breaks are not there in the note using Creo 3 M070.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

in CR3 M070 you cannot see additional line breaks, because CR3 M070 does not contain Properties command in context menu, see picture of menu from CR3 M100. If you open part (created in CR3 M070) in CR3 M100, select annotation and press right mouse button, you will get context menu with Properties command. When you click Properties command you will get Note dialog box showing additional line breaks. That's all .

MH

Martin Hanák

Martin,

I do not see the RMB, Properties option in Creo 3 M120 either. Below is an MBD model in Creo 3 M120.

PTC_9.jpg

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

I can see this picture in Part mode ...

I suggest you to install CR3 M120 as new installation into new separate installation directory.

MH

Martin Hanák

Martin,

I tested in Creo 3.0 M120. In the Properties dialog box it doesn't show extra spaces and still double spaces when published with Cad Worker and thru File, Save As, .pvz from Creo.

PTC suggested the follow that doesn't do anything to correct the issue. I am sorry and blunt, but always upgrading to the next version isn't always possible and doesn't correct the issue all the time.

"Different versions of the Creo View Adapters are bundled with different versions of Creo Parametric per article CS21380. It appears you are using the last datecode of Creo Parametric which utilizes the Creo View Adapters dAPI 3.0. Are you able to move to a later version of Creo Parametric? If so, I recommend doing that as the preferred approach. If not, then you can download the Creo View Adapters as a separate installation from PTC Software Downloads and configure the adapter for Creo Parametric on your client to perform batch and/or interactive publishing. For more information, please refer to the Creo View MCAD Adapters Installation and Configuration Guide."

We need this fixed as we are moving away from drawings and over to MBD with 3D PDF's.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

I found https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS240791

CR3 M130 release is planned on April 21, 2017

I tested CR4 M010, too. I opened part created in CR3 M120 in CR4 M010, exported PVZ and opened it in Creo View Express >>> multi-line annotation was displayed correctly.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags