cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Has a 'Pack and Go' functionality been added to CREO 4.0?

mcarter
1-Newbie

Has a 'Pack and Go' functionality been added to CREO 4.0?

I know it can be done through windchill but I am working on a product that is not in windchill and I need to create a single database export of all assemblies parts and drawings for a sub-assembly. This specific sub-assembly is part of a very large assembly so copying the folder won't work and the only suggestion I have been given by our local PTC support is to sit an individually select and copy the drawings I need after saving a backup. This cannot be the best solution.

I have also tried saving a copy but then you need to change all the part names if the drawings are going to be copied with the parts and the drawing and part names have to be a perfect match or it doesn't copy the drawings. Our organisation like most other already use a different suffix for different types of drawings so i would need to go an individually change each one of those for the 'Save as Copy' function to work which is also not the right way to go about this.

Has anybody managed to find a way to do a 'Pack and Go' or similar function in Creo that actually copies all the parts and drawing files? It is very simply done in several other CAD packages and I can't understand why PTC would only have it available through windchill and not in the CAD software itself.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:mcarter)

See MCAD Central ’Pack and Go’ Assembly

I don't envision enough demand for PTC to duplicate existing functionality in another product. The above was from 8 years ago.

Top Tags