cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Hatching is reverting back for solid welds

ndele
9-Granite

Hatching is reverting back for solid welds

Hello,

Our standard practice was to use the default welding and we would make the welds appear solid through the detail options. We updated to Creo 5.0 and found we could make solid welds, which then can be 'machined' (whereas the default weld material was a quilt/cosmetic feature). This is great except that the crosshatching in the drawing reverts back to it's original formatting when we check it in. I've tried a couple things:

• I've checked out both the assembly and the drawing files (while normally it could just be done in the drawing) and I can get it appearing correct on the drawing temporarily, but once checked in the Creo View will show otherwise.
  • I've tried to set the hatching in the model beforehand, but still get the same issue.

Not sure if this helps, but I've occasionally had issues where the solid weld will suddenly want to create it's own part file to be checked into Windchill. It's almost like it lost its reference with the drawing (I can check out the assembly the weld is in and change it no problem, but trying to change the drawing would result in a new part file for the weld to be created).

Would be really nice to use solid welds as they don't add another part that needs to be controlled, and our 3D views would look better. Thanks for any insight into the matter.

Nick

1 REPLY 1
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ndele)

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

Talking to someone else who knows welding much better than I do, he said, "From the description it doesn’t sound like a solid weld issue, but rather a drawing viewable creation issue when x-hatches of solid welds are shown on a drawing."

Do you have active maintenance?  I wonder if it would be worth opening a tech support case for this.

Also, if you have a sample drawing showing the issue, I'm more than willing to open it up in Creo 6 and Creo 7 and see if the problem still exists in those versions as well.

Top Tags