cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Having a Pin Connection go back to start?

Pieface
6-Contributor

Having a Pin Connection go back to start?

I have a gear assembled as a Pin Constraint.  When the gear gets rotated it stops at an arbitrary rotational orientation.  When I assembled it using the Pin Constraint I attempted to Rotate it 90 degrees to align with the receiving hole in the shaft.  I could not get it to rotate.  Can someone tell me how I get it to set back to the original orientation?  If it is rotated the drawing will be wrong (see below).

Pin Connection.jpg   Gear rotated.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
Pieface
6-Contributor
(To:Pieface)

I think I found the answer under the "Rotation Axis" option.

Gear Zero Position.JPG  Correct Assy.JPG

You probably do not need a pin connection.  You can align the two axes and keep them together.

Pin connections are typically required for hinge type connections where you can have dynamic movement.

Two comments:

• Use snapshots to keep from loosing your valid constraint set
  • You can apply multiple connections to eliminate further degrees of freedom as long as they don't create a fault.
Top Tags