cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Hiding Sketches in Drawing Views

msteis
1-Newbie

Hiding Sketches in Drawing Views

I was wondering if there was a way to show a model sketch in a particular view, but hide it in the others. I've been creating sketches in my models to later show bolt circles, gage points, etc., in my detail drawings, but I don't know how to control which views they are visible in. I always get what you see below.

b-csnip.JPG

Is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks,

Matt

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
msteis
1-Newbie
(To:MohanMB)

Mohan,

If I remember correctly, I would create a layer in my model and put the sketch on that layer.  Then in the drawing, I would go into each view and either hide or show the layer (use the layer tree in both the model and drawing to do this).  There's probably a better way to do this, but this is the only way I ever figured out.

Matt

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Matt,

use Help and study an effect of following drawing configuration options:

draw_layer_overrides_model YES

ignore_model_layer_status YES

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin,

I didn't find too much on the config options. I did figure out how to hide specific layers in different views, so that fixed my problem I think. I really need a training course in Creo.

Matt

Hi Matt,

I am also facing the similar issue as you have described. So, how did u finally solve this issue? Could you please let me know so that i can also use the same.

Best regards,

Mohan

msteis
1-Newbie

Mohan,

If I remember correctly, I would create a layer in my model and put the sketch on that layer.  Then in the drawing, I would go into each view and either hide or show the layer (use the layer tree in both the model and drawing to do this).  There's probably a better way to do this, but this is the only way I ever figured out.

Matt

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Top Tags