cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Hole Table for Cutouts

bowsmoke
4-Participant

Hole Table for Cutouts

I am detailing parts where all the holes were created as cutouts and am finding this to be impossible to accomplish.  I have selected the "cutouts" option in the Hole Table window, but when I'm prompted to select a coordinate system I get the message that the Z direction is incorrect...or something to that effect.  I tried to modify the CCYS, or create a new one to no effect.  I will also say that the parts I'm trying to create a hole pattern for have been flattened via a Family Table, however that shouldn't matter as I made a test file using the Hole command and all went well.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

please can you upload model for testing purposes ?

Martin Hanák

@bowsmoke 

If cutouts are selected, it will include holes created using extrude cut. But if you are getting error about Z direction, try creating a csys which will have Z parallel to hole axis and use that on hole creation. or as @MartinHanak  suggested share the part for review.. 

Just figured out that the Hole Table will not work on "imported" geometry.

@bowsmoke 

For imported geometry, you can create Hole table. But for that hole/cuts in imported geometry needs to be recognized as hole.  You can use Feature Recognition tool for such holes, depending on geometry. 

Feature Recognition tool can enabled by setting config frt_enabled as yes. further details are in 

CS28594

and http://support.ptc.com/help/archive/creo30/creo_pma/usascii/index.html#page/part_modeling%2Ffeature_recognition_tool%2FTo_Create_Hole_Feat_from_Imported_Geom.html%23

Top Tags