cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to assign a datum to GTol in Creo 6

MohaSharifi
6-Contributor

How to assign a datum to GTol in Creo 6

1. I have already worked with Creo 2 and for GTol definition in the drawing what I did previously was changing the datum display type in the model (from the property of the datum and change display type). Then in drawing it was automatically displayed in datum selection tab (datum Refs) of GTol tool, but in Creo6, when I do the same procedure, it is not possible to select the datum feature and when the label of the datum is typed an error appears as shown in the attached figure (Invalid datum feature label)

Could you help, please?

2. Another question is about changing the display type of the datum in the drawing to the following format, could anybody propose a solution?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

@MohaSharifi 

There are some major changes in functionality about MBD and all in Creo 4.0 onward.. 

Detailed information is available in article CS271565

Is it possible to access this article without having maintenance?

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:MohaSharifi)

I would suggest reviewing this video. It is one of he better ones out there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poJLJy3CcLg

MBD workflow and enhancements, including video demonstration, in Creo Parametric 4.0. For more inforamtion refer to https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS271565.
MohaSharifi
6-Contributor
(To:Chris3)

Thanks for introducing a useful video. If I want to generate the drawing of a part using drawing environment (shown in the first figure), should I define the datum in the drawing tree or I could bring it from Model Tree?

When a plane converted to a datum in the model tree then it appears stuck to the surface without an elbow in the drawing (second figure), is it possible to add elbow to the datum (third figure)?

drw.PNGdatum x.PNGx_datum.PNG

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:MohaSharifi)

The box is ASME Y14.5m-1982 standard. If you want a plunger instead just uncheck the display check box:

temp.png

MohaSharifi
6-Contributor
(To:Chris3)

Thanks for your comments. For datum created in the drawing file, the display option could be used to add a plunger, but when the datum comes from the model, I don't know how to change it. It seems that in new versions the datum should be created in the drawing mode to manage it easier. To make it clear what I mean, the following figure added to show the datum properties in Creo 2 and Creo 6. As it showin there is no direct adjustment for the display of datum in Creo 6 parametric.

datum_creo2_creo6.PNG

Top Tags