cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to change drawing scale in creo ?

ppandarkar-2
15-Moonstone

How to change drawing scale in creo ?

Hi..

I want to change scale of my drawing through mapkey but the command is not getting recorded it needs manual selection.

so is there any command instead of highlighted below. OR

is there any other option to change drawing scale automatically through mapkey.?

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Prashant Pandarkar

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:ppandarkar-2)

Hello prashant pandarkar

some macros in drawing space need "item preselection". See attached picture and config.pro with macros. l use this macros to change font size of X-section labels.

It needs to "preselect item" where will be macro applied.

item_preselection.jpg

Haven´t tested your idea with drawing scale. But maybe there is similar "problem".

Just try to "preselect" drawing scale in left bottom corrner inside drawing space and than apply your macro.

Regards

Milan

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Prashant,

Config option default_draw_scale may help you.

Hi..

We are using centralise config file drawing dtl file, so we can not change config option.

As i want to change drawing scale for one particular drawing application.

Prashant Pandarkar

mbonka
15-Moonstone

Hello prashant pandarkar

some macros in drawing space need "item preselection". See attached picture and config.pro with macros. l use this macros to change font size of X-section labels.

It needs to "preselect item" where will be macro applied.

item_preselection.jpg

Haven´t tested your idea with drawing scale. But maybe there is similar "problem".

Just try to "preselect" drawing scale in left bottom corrner inside drawing space and than apply your macro.

Regards

Milan

ppandarkar-2
15-Moonstone
(To:mbonka)

Hi..

This might possible with preselect scale text, but it will better if there any method without any manual intervention or manual selection.

As we agree to preselect required notes on screen to change its properties this is required because we don't know which text needs to edit.

but in scale case it is same for all types of drawing. so it is better if we can able to change scale value without selection.

If not getting any other method then i have to go with your suggested method.

Thanks.

Regards,

Prashant pandarkar

blad
4-Participant

Hey Prashant,

Try this if that help to set your scale automatically using relations and parameters.

Please find attached image for how you can set your drawing scale.

Add parameter "Drawing_scale_factor" and add rules as shown. The parameter value should be always 1.

7-8-2016 8-12-58 AM.jpg

Please let me know if this help.

Good Luck

ppandarkar-2
15-Moonstone
(To:blad)

Hi..

I want it to apply for drawing application, so i don't know what is the biggest dimension of model.

I want to change scale without manual intervention.

Regards,

Prashant pandarkar

StephenW
23-Emerald II

As Milan says, preselection of the scale note will make this work.

Select the scale note

go to the mapkey dialog box, record your mapkey

right click on the scale note, EDIT VALUE

change the scale and press enter (or don't press enter to be able to enter your own scale number)

save your mapkey

before you run the mapkey, select the scale note at the bottom and run the mapkey.

hi..

default scale is 1:1 and i want to change scale to some value e.g. 1/10 which will apply to all the drawing views available in drawing sheet.

this is the purpose. Manually it is possible and easy but need to apply in macro base application.

Thanks,

Prashant Pandarkar

I'm not sure if this will work for you or not.  I created a mapkey that creates a note at coordinate 0,-5 with the text &scale.  Once created, the note is selected (this happens as a part of note creation) and the value edited -- my mapkey changes it to 2.  Then the note is deleted.  It works for me, any way (Creo 2, M200).

Here's the mapkey, for what it's worth:

mapkey xx @MAPKEY_NAMEtest;@MAPKEY_LABELtest;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `page_Annotate_control_btn` 0;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdDwgCreateNote` ;#MAKE NOTE;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Select `dwg_selpnt_dlg` `rad_sel_method` 1 `abs_coord`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ FocusOut `dwg_selpnt_dlg` `opt_abs_x`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Input `dwg_selpnt_dlg` `opt_abs_y` `-`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Input `dwg_selpnt_dlg` `opt_abs_y` `-5`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Update `dwg_selpnt_dlg` `opt_abs_y` `-5`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `dwg_selpnt_dlg` `opt_abs_y`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ FocusOut `dwg_selpnt_dlg` `opt_abs_y`;~ Activate `dwg_selpnt_dlg` `psh_ok`;\

mapkey(continued) &scale;;#DONE/RETURN;~ Timer `UI Desktop` `UI Desktop` `popupMenuRMBTimerCB`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Close `rmb_popup` `PopupMenu`;~ Command `ProCmdDwgEditValue` ;2;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdEditDelete`;

Hope this helps.

Hi..

i was not getting exact solution whatever i except to change default dimension without manual intervention, As it is mandatory to select scale tool from graphics.

So whatever solution given by Milan is fine , So i am marking this answer as Correct answer.

Thanks,

Prashant Pandarkar

Top Tags