cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to cleanup / remove ghost objects

VladimirPalffy
13-Aquamarine

How to cleanup / remove ghost objects

Hi folks,

if you create assembly and you will modify it .. sometimes system creates dependencies between old components and you can find some "problematic objects" (in a Workspace as Ghost objects) Smiley Sad

Here is the quick solution - how I solved it for our Creo configuration (assembly mode😞

1. I have set configuration option: grv_default_view dependencies
  2. Defined new mapkey "cg" Clear Ghosts (this mapkey jumped into Reference viever window and there I Break Dependencies) 
    mapkey cg @MAPKEY_NAMEClear Ghosts;@MAPKEY_LABELBreak Dependencies;\
    mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdInfoProGRV` ;\
    mapkey(continued) ~ Select `pro_grv_dlg` `RefDepRadioGrp`1 `Dependencies`;\
    mapkey(continued) ~ Trail `UI Desktop` `UI Desktop` `GRVUI` `Select: 7 'pro_grv_dlg' \
    mapkey(continued) 'GraphDrawingArea' 'CURR_NODE' '' 263 169 8`;\
    mapkey(continued) ~ Trail `UI Desktop` `UI Desktop` `GRVUI` `Select: 7 'pro_grv_dlg' \
    mapkey(continued) 'GraphDrawingArea' 'CURR_NODE' '' 263 169 32`;\
    mapkey(continued) ~ Close `pro_grv_dlg` `RMBNodeMenuPane`;\
    mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `pro_grv_dlg` `RMBNodeBrkDepBtn`;\
    mapkey(continued) ~ FocusIn `UI Message Dialog` `confirm`;\
    mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `UI Message Dialog` `confirm`;\
    mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `pro_grv_dlg` `pro_grv_dlg`;\
    mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `pro_grv_dlg` `ClosePushButton`;
  3. Save model

In the drawing is not possible to remove ghost so easy as previous example - but I have found quick solution for a drawing too Smiley Happy

1. create new EMPTY drawing (set name as "removed_ghost.drw" - for example)
  2. Merge new drawing with original *.drw file (problematic drawing): Layout > Import Drawing/Data
  3. Delete First Sheet
  4. Save drawing
  5. Delete original *drw file from the Workspace
  6. Rename removed_ghost.drw to original file name
    System will inform to you that same name exists - it is OK. Your "new drawing" is without Ghosts Objects - Update this objects as "reuse"  windchill function
  7. Check In modified drawing into WCH (wihout Ghost Objects)

Note: remove ghosts from a drawings is possible to run with custom Mapkey too Smiley Happy

I hope that my solutions will help you to remove Ghost Objects from the assemblies and drawings.

Best Regards, Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
6 REPLIES 6

Very impressive solution

You are Welcome Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Very nice!  I am going to try the solution out with the next ghost that haunts us.  Appreciate the tip!

HALLOWEEN TIME 🙂

i'm dealing with an assembly of 154 ghost parts unable to resolve a single one. can you please explain more detailed way of creating that cg map key . it would be helpful for me to understand and resolve those parts

thankyou

Open up your config.pro file. Usually saved

C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 4.0\M040\Common Files\text

Open the file in note pad.

copy and paste the mapkey and the continued mapkey. Save the file to your desktop. You cant save to the original file location. Copy the file and past into C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 4.0\M040\Common Files\text

Run Creo, open up the assembly and press "CR"

Top Tags