cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do a realistic and world class render in Creo?

How to do a realistic and world class render in Creo?

Dear Creo Users,

I have been trying to create a part which I like to present infront of office members. So it should be visually attracting. I have tried with render window, render region and render set up  and appearance gallery but cannot get the realistic look I want. Any suggestions or tutorials on Creo Render will be highly appreciated.

With regards,

Soumya Bhattacharya.

15 REPLIES 15

Re: How to do a realistic and world class render in Creo?

Unfortunately, I believe the answer to this is to export the model and use another rendering package.  We've had excellent results using Keyshot; I believe Blender is also very capable.

Although apparently Creo 4 has something based on Keyshot integrated with it...

Re: Rendering in Creo.....Sux!

Hello Soumya Bhattacharya

if you got Photolux licence try following link:

Creo Advanced Rendering video tutorials

Don´t know better rendering tutorial...

Regards

Milan Bonka

Hi I am using Creo 2.0. Will I be able to create a good looking render in Creo 2.0?

Thanks Milan Bonka for sharing tutorial video.

With regards,

Soumya

The answer is simple. Don´t even try. It is amazing how Creo is one of the worst softwares for rendering. Creo 1-2-3-4... Same thing.

A long time ago I wished PTC would pick up POV Ray or Blender interfaces. Sigh.

I have to agree with that, Creo is behind the in the rendering department.

Any rendering I do , I export the models and use a package that use NVidia Iray render engine, and I get good results.

Would you believe that this is a Cad model, I rendered out at home on .

immortal-blue-2_full.png

Peter

That is a very nice render, thanks for posting!

Steve Williams
Pro/E Version 15/16 (Circa 1995/1996)
Highlighted

Once you completed the geometry, scene, lights, etc.. How long did it take you? (I mean, once you click ¨Start Rendering¨) What NVidia card are you using? It is a really cool scene!

I should keep my mouth shut here but it's so hard and I have so much to say on the subject.  but who am I anyway?

I learned 3d Studio just as it was ported from the Amiga to a PC in 1991 and started rendering in Alias in 1993 and started on Maya in 1998 and I could make a thread of render tools inside those tools that are far superior.  Perspective is often the root of all problems which is how i would suggest any effort to encourage better render tools from you PTC Product Line managers. Their perspective may be that "we are only rendering product' and as a tool most people...."  that's how i get it sometimes.  To me that is a mild perspective problem.

If you want better renders in Creo you need to escalate and project a great deal of anxiety and hopefully your with a large-ish company.  Render is simply not a high enough priority for PTC.    Mental Ray is an impeccable tool that Creo currently uses.  I use mental ray in Maya so it's easy to compare what is missing in the Creo version.   Although comparable to SW Creo Render, programmers don't expose enough of the code to have it compete w/ that of Maya.. Workflow is a bit updated over wildfire but if you ask me it's not there yet.   At least Decals place over NURBS surfaces and there are many positives.    If that tool could get much better (probably thru looking closely at other tools like Maya/Max etc) as the benefit might be that early adopters might latch on and push the renders making the product sell better.    Suggestion, learn Maya and join the Technical committee and use all your charisma to bite kick scream.  That's what I did and won a little.  I think I have found rejuvenated enthusiasm and may participant this January. 

Bart Brejcha

Design-engine.com

Announcements
LiveWorx Call For Papers Happening Now!