cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to edit symbols in Creo Parametric

ktenhaken
3-Visitor

How to edit symbols in Creo Parametric

I would like to edit my weld symbols in Creo.  I don't know anything about this but from the brief research I have done have found where to do this.  I just don't know how or if there is a way better than what I am doing.  I go to the Symbol Gallery and retrieve my symbol to edit.  Below is a screenshot of what I get when trying to edit. It is a complete mess and I can't click what I want unless I move other things out of the way.

Thank you in advance for your help.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ktenhaken)

Weld symbols are defined by AWS A2.4 as to look and symbology. All of those text parameters are utilized when you create/edit the weld symbol.

What doe you want to modify in the weld symbol that is currently not there?

Nested weld symbols with variable text are not fun to edit.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ktenhaken)

Weld symbols are defined by AWS A2.4 as to look and symbology. All of those text parameters are utilized when you create/edit the weld symbol.

What doe you want to modify in the weld symbol that is currently not there?

Nested weld symbols with variable text are not fun to edit.

Yes, this is the way it is.  PTC really doesn't seem to have much interest in upgrading these archaic interfaces.

You might try activating different levels to see less.

You can also just simplify very specific symbols that you use over and over.

Here is a quick doc on the subject:

Comprehensive Surface Finish Symbol

I am running into issues with the length of the weld and the pitch overlapping when I use decimals.  I think you both have answered my question.  Thank you for your help.

Top Tags