cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to edit the BOM table in drawing.I need to enter few details manually inside the table. I'm not able to do it inside the cells.

mbabu
6-Contributor

How to edit the BOM table in drawing.I need to enter few details manually inside the table. I'm not able to do it inside the cells.

even i tried

Repeat region ---> comments ---> Define cells -->pick the cell u want to edit --> ok.

but got an error message "Definition cannot fall outside the template of a repeat region"

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mender
6-Contributor
(To:mbabu)

I presume here you want a note in a cell that will stay with the particular repeat region record (row) when you update the table.

1) If you are looking to override a cell for a particular item, where most records have a particular value shown, but special ones do something else, what you do is go to the relations/parameters for the repeat region, make a relation parameter for it, and a relation that gives the special value.  Call this parameter out in the table:

[ rpt.index             rpt.qty          rpt.rel.reportdesc ]

with relations

reportdesc = asm_mbr_name

if (asm_mbr_name == "BOLT")

reportdesc = "SPECIAL"

endif

2) If it is like #1, but you want the same special text in multiple drawings using the same part, you can have a parameter in your part that gives the text, and include this as an extra column.

3) A repeat region comment is basically a note tied to a particular record, that you can call out instead of report parameter.  To do this, define your region with a BLANK cell for the comment:

[ rpt.index          rpt.qty          asm.mbr.name         <BLANK> ]

Then Repeat Region > Comments > Define Cell, and pick the blank cell to declare it as a comment cell.  Build out your table as normal.  Then you can edit the text in this cell for whichever rows/records you like, and put the manual text in it.  When you update the table, this comment text will follow the record, much as a dash / flat/recursive / fix index instruction does.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenW
23-Emerald II

You can not modify the individual cells of a repeat region since it is automatically generated.

I can think of 3 options.

1. Convert the table to "dumb" text and edit the lines manually. you would lose any balloons and future changes wouldn't be driven by the table.

2. Paginate the table and add the lines manually between the segements of the table.

3. Use table relations to override the value of on of the values you are displaying.

None of these options are easy but paginating would probably the least difficult.

mender
6-Contributor

I presume here you want a note in a cell that will stay with the particular repeat region record (row) when you update the table.

1) If you are looking to override a cell for a particular item, where most records have a particular value shown, but special ones do something else, what you do is go to the relations/parameters for the repeat region, make a relation parameter for it, and a relation that gives the special value.  Call this parameter out in the table:

[ rpt.index             rpt.qty          rpt.rel.reportdesc ]

with relations

reportdesc = "SPECIAL"

endif

2) If it is like #1, but you want the same special text in multiple drawings using the same part, you can have a parameter in your part that gives the text, and include this as an extra column.

3) A repeat region comment is basically a note tied to a particular record, that you can call out instead of report parameter.  To do this, define your region with a BLANK cell for the comment:

[ rpt.index          rpt.qty          asm.mbr.name         <BLANK> ]

Then Repeat Region > Comments > Define Cell, and pick the blank cell to declare it as a comment cell.  Build out your table as normal.  Then you can edit the text in this cell for whichever rows/records you like, and put the manual text in it.  When you update the table, this comment text will follow the record, much as a dash / flat/recursive / fix index instruction does.

mbabu
6-Contributor
(To:mender)

how to merge the columns in repeat region table

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Merging columns in Repeat region is not possible.

Martin Hanák
mender
6-Contributor

You can merge two cells in the region if only one is non-empty, if you want a column that is as wide as two columns outside the region.  If you want two columns, able to call out two different things, with no dividing line, try using Line Display to blank the line between them.  Then your manual entry can appear to be a side comment in the 'same' cell.

Also consider that if you like, you can make a relation to do the job.  As above with reportdesc, but

reportdesc = reportdesc + " ADD NOTE"

endif

This will append the extra text to the original, as opposed to having it vertically aligned with other similar text.  Use whichever way suits your needs best.

Top Tags