cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to exclude part number suffix in BOM?

RTS
3-Visitor
3-Visitor

How to exclude part number suffix in BOM?

Hello,

Is it possible to use table relations in a BOM table to exlude a suffix from a part number?

We have some parts that have local copies that include an "_HIN" in the part number. An example is pictured. We also have shared parts created by other division with various suffixes as well. I don't like it, but it is what I have to work with. In that regard I would like to show only the part number in the BOM if at all possible.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bobby

1 REPLY 1
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:RTS)

Repeat region relations, but it can get messy, especially if there is a lot of variation in what is in the original number. If they are all suffixed with a '_XXX' you could search the string for the '_' and extract the portion up to the '_'. and use a local part number in the BOM.

What we do is put the relations in the part file itself and create a PDM_Number that we use in the BOM. This makes the custom number easier to control as you can adjust your extract length based on the part you want to keep without the search line.

PDM_Number = rel_model_name, if it is the full length or

PDM_Number = extract(rel_model_name,1,7) will pull the first 7 characters.

I have both in the start part with the second commented out and a few comment lines of how to switch them.

Top Tags