Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get primary fractional inches and secondary feet-inches

How to get primary fractional inches and secondary feet-inches

in Creo 6, I'm trying to display my dimension units as primary fractional inches and secondary feet-inches.  An example of what I WANT is:

Primary - 332 1/4

Secondary - 27' 8-1/4"

I know about the drawing option use_major_units yes, however, what that does is change inch units to feet-inches.  So, if this option is set to "no", my units look like this:

Primary - 332-1/4

Secondary - 27-11/16

The primary units are fine, but the secondary shows as fractional feet, instead of feet-inches.  If I set use_major_units to "yes", it looks like this:

Primary - 27' 8-1/4"

Secondary - 27-11/16

Now the primary units show what I want as secondary units, but the secondary units still show up as fractional feet instead of feet inches, and of course if I set my secondary units to inches, all I get is the same thing as my primary.

Surely many others have wanted to show their dimensions as I do, but I can't figure out how to do it.  Can anyone please provide some guidance?

Cheers,

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: How to get primary fractional inches and secondary feet-inches

@LorenK wrote:

in Creo 6, I'm trying to display my dimension units as primary fractional inches and secondary feet-inches.  An example of what I WANT is:

Primary - 332 1/4

Secondary - 27' 8-1/4"

I know about the drawing option use_major_units yes, however, what that does is change inch units to feet-inches.  So, if this option is set to "no", my units look like this:

Primary - 332-1/4

Secondary - 27-11/16

The primary units are fine, but the secondary shows as fractional feet, instead of feet-inches.  If I set use_major_units to "yes", it looks like this:

Primary - 27' 8-1/4"

Secondary - 27-11/16

Now the primary units show what I want as secondary units, but the secondary units still show up as fractional feet instead of feet inches, and of course if I set my secondary units to inches, all I get is the same thing as my primary.

Surely many others have wanted to show their dimensions as I do, but I can't figure out how to do it.  Can anyone please provide some guidance?

Cheers,

Hi,

please ask PTC Support. They should know what is possible...

Martin Hanák
Highlighted

Re: How to get primary fractional inches and secondary feet-inches

Thanks for the reply, but I don't think there's any point in that.  If nobody here can figure out a way, it probably doesn't exist.  My experiences with PTC support rarely bear out any fruit.

I'm just somewhat shocked that this is not supported somehow.  I found a previous post from someone asking about the exact same thing.  The only response they got was someone posting a link on how to do dual dimensions, which of course was completely useless as far as a solution goes.

The solution doesn't exist.  Oh well... 

Announcements