cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to get primary fractional inches and secondary feet-inches

LorenK
2-Guest

How to get primary fractional inches and secondary feet-inches

in Creo 6, I'm trying to display my dimension units as primary fractional inches and secondary feet-inches.  An example of what I WANT is:

Primary - 332 1/4

Secondary - 27' 8-1/4"

I know about the drawing option use_major_units yes, however, what that does is change inch units to feet-inches.  So, if this option is set to "no", my units look like this:

Primary - 332-1/4

Secondary - 27-11/16

The primary units are fine, but the secondary shows as fractional feet, instead of feet-inches.  If I set use_major_units to "yes", it looks like this:

Primary - 27' 8-1/4"

Secondary - 27-11/16

Now the primary units show what I want as secondary units, but the secondary units still show up as fractional feet instead of feet inches, and of course if I set my secondary units to inches, all I get is the same thing as my primary.

Surely many others have wanted to show their dimensions as I do, but I can't figure out how to do it.  Can anyone please provide some guidance?

Cheers,

2 REPLIES 2

@LorenK wrote:

in Creo 6, I'm trying to display my dimension units as primary fractional inches and secondary feet-inches.  An example of what I WANT is:

Primary - 332 1/4

Secondary - 27' 8-1/4"

I know about the drawing option use_major_units yes, however, what that does is change inch units to feet-inches.  So, if this option is set to "no", my units look like this:

Primary - 332-1/4

Secondary - 27-11/16

The primary units are fine, but the secondary shows as fractional feet, instead of feet-inches.  If I set use_major_units to "yes", it looks like this:

Primary - 27' 8-1/4"

Secondary - 27-11/16

Now the primary units show what I want as secondary units, but the secondary units still show up as fractional feet instead of feet inches, and of course if I set my secondary units to inches, all I get is the same thing as my primary.

Surely many others have wanted to show their dimensions as I do, but I can't figure out how to do it.  Can anyone please provide some guidance?

Cheers,

Hi,

please ask PTC Support. They should know what is possible...

Martin Hanák

Thanks for the reply, but I don't think there's any point in that.  If nobody here can figure out a way, it probably doesn't exist.  My experiences with PTC support rarely bear out any fruit.

I'm just somewhat shocked that this is not supported somehow.  I found a previous post from someone asking about the exact same thing.  The only response they got was someone posting a link on how to do dual dimensions, which of course was completely useless as far as a solution goes.

The solution doesn't exist.  Oh well... 

Top Tags