cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to make all dimensions a multiple of 2?

StevetS
1-Newbie

How to make all dimensions a multiple of 2?

Good evening everyone. I had to create a sketch and bring it into a drawing at a .5 scale. I converted that sketch to draft entities and cut and pasted it into another drawing I'm working on. Now dimensions are all showing as half the actual dimension, hence the .5 scale. Wondering if I can change a config somewhere that makes all dimensions come in as a multiple of 2. If not I can always manually override the dimension. Thanks!

Steve

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mender
6-Contributor
(To:StevetS)

If you do want associative dimensions, consider using File > Prepare > Drawing Properties > Detail Options, option 'draft_scale'.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Jose_Costa
6-Contributor

Maybe using the "scale" command?

dde.png

Jose

The scale will only enlarge the entities in the drawing, but my sheet size can't get any bigger. Thanks for the answer anyways.

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor

After the scale you can export to DWG and import again using the option "Import Dimensions As Separate Entities"

dd1.png

Do the inverse scale now that the dimensions are not associative.

That should do it.

Jose

Oh very cool! I have never used that option. Thank you!

mender
6-Contributor

If you do want associative dimensions, consider using File > Prepare > Drawing Properties > Detail Options, option 'draft_scale'.

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor
(To:mender)

Much simpler solution...

I have already used that option in past but couldn't remember where it was.

Thanks for sharing.

StevetS
1-Newbie
(To:mender)

Thanks Matt, this is exactly what I was looking for! I really appreciate your help and taking time to answer me. \

Thanks to Jose as well. You guys were great.

Top Tags