cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to override dimension in Drawing?

NaveenKumarGong
1-Newbie

How to override dimension in Drawing?

Hello Everyone,

I have a problem about override dimension in drawing eventhough I've use "@O" in dimesion properties in Pro-E WF 5.0 and the option OVERRIDE hidden state in dimension properties. I think the problem at Drawing Options, But I'm not getting.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Naveen Kumar Gongu.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

you can set @O for dimension created in the drawing, only. You cannot set @O for dimension shown in the drawing (i.e. created in the model).

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Is the dimension on the drawing a driving dimension? (i.e. one that you used show annotations on the drawing?) Or is a dimension that you placed on the drawing (driven). I think only driven dimension can be overridden and not driving dimensions.

Try placing a new dimension for the same location and use the @O (letter "O" and not zero). This should work and then hide the first dimension.

Thanks, Dale

Hello,

you can set @O for dimension created in the drawing, only. You cannot set @O for dimension shown in the drawing (i.e. created in the model).

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MartinHanak)

Thanks Martin. That's was I was trying to say but not quite as eloquently.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for reply.

I'm trying to override dimesion called from model, not created in the drawing. Is there any solution?

Thanks,

Naveen Kumar Gongu.

NAVEEN KUMAR GONGU wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for reply.

I'm trying to override dimesion called from model, not created in the drawing. Is there any solution?

Thanks,

Naveen Kumar Gongu.

"override dimension called from model" - into a drawing, correct?

Basically you will have to hide that dimension and create a new one in its place that you can then overide.

Thanks, Dale

jhall2
6-Contributor
(To:Dale_Rosema)

I added a datum tag to a driven dimension, but found there is no way to show it in the drawing, unless I recreate it. boo. Is there no way to overide a driven dimension?

Top Tags