cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to "un-erase" dimensions in a drawing that have been erased...

nrollins
1-Newbie

How to "un-erase" dimensions in a drawing that have been erased...

Hi all,

I have a drawing that I showed some dimensions, then I RMB>erase them - then I decided that I want to show them again. I cannot figure out how to re show them.

"Show Model Annotations" says "no annotations can be shown in the current sheet/view for the selected objects"

You would think that in the "Type" drop-down there would be an "Erased" selection...

Any hints?

Thanks,

-Nate

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Change to the 'Annotation' tab on the ribbon. On the left where the drawing tree is, pick the view, which you want to restore the dimension to. Then expand the annotations branch and you will see a list of all the available dimensions. The ones in grey are the erased one. When clicking on any of them it will highlight in the view. Once you have found the one you are looking for unerased it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

This is in Creo2.0

Change to the 'Annotation' tab on the ribbon. On the left where the drawing tree is, pick the view, which you want to restore the dimension to. Then expand the annotations branch and you will see a list of all the available dimensions. The ones in grey are the erased one. When clicking on any of them it will highlight in the view. Once you have found the one you are looking for unerased it.

THANK YOU...

there needs to be more ways to skin this cat. I would not have found that without your help.

Does anyone have a clear and concise guide to the concepts of 'erase' and 'delete' in Creo?

In WF and earlier it was straightforward: 'erase' was the opposite of 'show' and hid a dimension, such that it could later be re-shown; 'delete' meant it was gone forever. Only created dimensions could be deleted in a drawing, which made sense.

Now, you can delete something (including a model dimension) and still re-show it; if you erase something, it seems harder to re-show than if you'd deleted it!

you reminded me that I wanted to ask this question as well. Hopefully we'll get an answer.

Translating:

Erase = Hide

Delete = remove the record of this from the drawing.

If it's a model dimension, the record that is removed is what view it is shown in and any other drawing specific changes, like position or leader trimming, have been applied

If it's a drawing (created) dimension or other draft entity, the record is the entire item's information. I presume that this applies even if the created dimension is stored in the model.

The developers must have had a developer's side debate, but never thought to ask anyone who worked with drawings before what they would call it. I wonder what words were in contention that weren't picked.

That makes sense.

Thanks David

The sticky part is that Show seems passive, but it isn't. The opposite of Show is Hide, but Hide is already taken by layers; so they use Erase, which to the rest of the world means the same as remove or delete (Erased from the pages of history) What's the name of the book that has all those words that mean something similar to the word you have and you look in it because the word you have isn't the right one?

Now Show = create a linked record in this drawing for a model annotation (dimension, axis, FCF)

It used to be Show = display a model annotation that is always there; Erase = don't display a model annotation that is always there.

Anyway, I just go to the drawing tree from time-to-time and select and delete anything on the tree that is grey. If it was important it would be dark and visible on the drawing; if it shouldn't be visible on the drawing I change the dimension to reference and the color to something that really stands out, so if it gets shown by mistake, it isn't easily overlooked.

ComputerVision developers used the Hide/Re-echo combination so it could be worse.

Top Tags