cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to remove a component, that is not listed in model tree?

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

How to remove a component, that is not listed in model tree?

Hi there,

I' ve got an odd problem. I made an assembly and added several components.

With one component I tried to use "Set Representation to..." in combination with combined views.

But it did not worked as wanted, so I deleted all custom combined views and set SimpRep to Master. So far so good.

The party started, when I tried to make a BOM with a Web.Link script. The script works that way, that it list all components and counts them.

The BOM by script shows me a additional component, which I used to do the combined views testing and which I deleted from the assembly afterwards that testing.

The BOM by Creo's own "Tools" -> "Investigate" -> "BOM" is correct.

When I dig a little deeper and use Model Info for the assembly, I get this interesting screen shot attached to this question.

So how could I get rid of this not-listed-component?

BTW, I use Creo 2.0 M110

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GavinBRumble
5-Regular Member
(To:Mat)

Mat,

If you send me your assembly model I can easily do this for you. If it is proprietary, simply Suppress all the components and send me the .ASM file only. When you get it back you can Resume All the components and you'll be good as new.

Gavin B. Rumble, PE

Solid Engineering

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
GavinBRumble
5-Regular Member

Matthias,

You say the mystery component is not in your Model Tree...are you sure? Have you checked the Tree Filter settings to make sure that Suppressed objects are displayed?

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:GavinBRumble)

Hi Gavin,

I tried this in the first place, but all options are checked (even in "cabling", "piping", etc.).

0001.JPG

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Matthias,

mystery component is not retrieved (see Status column), check Master Representation.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Martin,

even in Master Rep the problem remains:

0002.JPG

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Matthias,

1.]

Click Properties to see detailed information concerning Master Rep.

2.]

Firstly open mystery component and then the assembly. What happens ?

3.]

Open Case at PTC Support. They can investigate your data and repair them.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

1) Properties of "master rep" shows main assembly with status "master rep".

2) the status of the model changes to "inactive"

3) could do that, but I want to understand this issue and know how to fix this on my own.

0003.JPG

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

3.]
PTC Support can explain you how to resolve the problem on your own, if it is possible.

Sometimes data are corrupted and you cannot resolve the problem on your own, only PTC Support can do it (if it is possible).

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Ok, I will try that.

If they provide me a working procedure, I will post it here

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Ok, here is the workaround of PTC - support:

"Workaround :

1. Edit the Pro/PROGRAM
  2. Delete all following lines about Not retrieved Components

ADD PART XXXXX
INTERNAL COMPONENT ID XX
PARENTS = XX(#XX)
END ADD

3. Save the Assembly file"

But since I do not have a Pro/PROGRAM licence extension, this does not work for me.

GavinBRumble
5-Regular Member

Mat,

If you send me your assembly model I can easily do this for you. If it is proprietary, simply Suppress all the components and send me the .ASM file only. When you get it back you can Resume All the components and you'll be good as new.

Gavin B. Rumble, PE

Solid Engineering

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine
(To:GavinBRumble)

Thanks Gavin!

Suppressing all components is a great idea. Protects IP and saves space in an email folder.

Thanks for Your offer, but my service contractor will do this for me.

Top Tags