cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to set default normal dimension to default basic dimensions in sketcher,this would be helpful for me to save time

sdara
1-Newbie

How to set default normal dimension to default basic dimensions in sketcher,this would be helpful for me to save time

How to set default normal dimension to default basic dimensions in sketcher.jpg

Can you guys help me on this

Thanks in advance

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:sdara)

Hi,

I think that you cannot set sketcher dimensions (sd#) in Sketcher mode as Basic dimension. This can be set in Part mode for model dimensions (d#).

MH

Martin Hanák

Thanks for the replay

Can we able to change in background sketcher file,may be xml file or backgorund file

to get Basic dimension in sketcher

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

unfortunatelly it is not possible. Ask PTC Support if you want to be sure.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Sateesh,

Unfortunately, it is not possible for customers to modify any hard-coded information that is part of the functionality.  You would need to submit a Product Idea to see if the behavior/functionality you are looking for, can be added into a future release.

Thanks,

Amit

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Why do you need sketcher dimensions in basic? Basic dimensions are only 'valid' when shown on a drawing with datum planes for the GD&T functions.

Sketcher dimensions should be simple and easy to modify. Put the precision into the dimensions on the drawing.

If you are trying to convey the model dimensions as being basic when you do a Y14.41 exported model, then that needs to be stated in your product idea.

Top Tags