cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to show one particular coordinate system in a view, indepented of show/hide CS check box

Siege_engineer
6-Contributor

How to show one particular coordinate system in a view, indepented of show/hide CS check box

Hello all,

Is it possible to show one particular coordinate system in one view, and which is not effected by the show/hide CS check box?

I could use layers, but that still does not solve the problem which the show/hide CS check box. Because if someone else wants to print the drawing, they first have to check the CS box to show the correct CS. Otherwise the drawing will not be complete.

This is necessary for a assembly drawing I want to create. With the CS in place, the person viewing the drawing knows how the component is placed in the overall system and in which orientation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

"I wouldn't depend on users having the correct environment options turned on/off." I agree and this is the main problem. A symbol would be a good solution, however I planned to place the CS in a ISOMETRIC view.

I decided to just cosmetic sketch the CS. Which lets me to use layers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

It is not possible to override the the environment display for those items. I wouldn't depend on users having the correct environment options turned on/off.

I would suggest developing a symbol for the drawing or if it necessary, a part model that is installed in the assembly so it provides the orientation.

I made a symbol (attached) for an obviously different purpose but it was basically a coordinate system.

.StephenWilliams_0-1587396781087.png

"I wouldn't depend on users having the correct environment options turned on/off." I agree and this is the main problem. A symbol would be a good solution, however I planned to place the CS in a ISOMETRIC view.

I decided to just cosmetic sketch the CS. Which lets me to use layers.

The sketch is an easy solution.

I have seen on the community someone that has modeled a coordinate system part to place in the drawing (i couldn't find it since the search terms are too general)

Top Tags