Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show weld annotations on drawing detail view, but not on general view

SOLVED
Highlighted
Participant

How to show weld annotations on drawing detail view, but not on general view

I need to show the weld sequence on one part of a large assembly.  To make the information easier to read, I want to show the weld sequence on a detail view.  However, "Show Model Annotations" on the Detail View says for Symbols "No annotations can be shown in the current sheet/view for the selected objects".  I can only show the weld annotations on the General View (which is too large to be of any use on a printed sheet).

I have tried layer visibility (all weld features are in their own layer), but again, this only works on the General View.

I could manually create new weld annotations on the Detail View, but the weld and the annotations already esist in the model, so it seems stupid to have to re-create them by hand. How can I show weld annotations from the model on a Detail View?

[I'm running creo 5.05]

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How to show weld annotations on drawing detail view, but not on general view

@sellis34 wrote:

I need to show the weld sequence on one part of a large assembly.  To make the information easier to read, I want to show the weld sequence on a detail view.  However, "Show Model Annotations" on the Detail View says for Symbols "No annotations can be shown in the current sheet/view for the selected objects".  I can only show the weld annotations on the General View (which is too large to be of any use on a printed sheet).

I have tried layer visibility (all weld features are in their own layer), but again, this only works on the General View.

I could manually create new weld annotations on the Detail View, but the weld and the annotations already esist in the model, so it seems stupid to have to re-create them by hand. How can I show weld annotations from the model on a Detail View?

[I'm running creo 5.05]

Hi,

use partial general view instead of detail view.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: How to show weld annotations on drawing detail view, but not on general view

@sellis34 wrote:

[I'm running creo 5.05]

Hi,

use partial general view instead of detail view.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks @MartinHanak 

Partial view did the trick.  My tunnel vision was telling me I had to do it in a Detail View, but this works as well.

Cheers!

Announcements