cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to show weld annotations on drawing detail view, but not on general view

sellis34
5-Regular Member

How to show weld annotations on drawing detail view, but not on general view

I need to show the weld sequence on one part of a large assembly.  To make the information easier to read, I want to show the weld sequence on a detail view.  However, "Show Model Annotations" on the Detail View says for Symbols "No annotations can be shown in the current sheet/view for the selected objects".  I can only show the weld annotations on the General View (which is too large to be of any use on a printed sheet).

I have tried layer visibility (all weld features are in their own layer), but again, this only works on the General View.

I could manually create new weld annotations on the Detail View, but the weld and the annotations already esist in the model, so it seems stupid to have to re-create them by hand. How can I show weld annotations from the model on a Detail View?

[I'm running creo 5.05]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@sellis34 wrote:

I need to show the weld sequence on one part of a large assembly.  To make the information easier to read, I want to show the weld sequence on a detail view.  However, "Show Model Annotations" on the Detail View says for Symbols "No annotations can be shown in the current sheet/view for the selected objects".  I can only show the weld annotations on the General View (which is too large to be of any use on a printed sheet).

I have tried layer visibility (all weld features are in their own layer), but again, this only works on the General View.

I could manually create new weld annotations on the Detail View, but the weld and the annotations already esist in the model, so it seems stupid to have to re-create them by hand. How can I show weld annotations from the model on a Detail View?

[I'm running creo 5.05]

Hi,

use partial general view instead of detail view.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@sellis34 wrote:

[I'm running creo 5.05]

Hi,

use partial general view instead of detail view.

Martin Hanák
sellis34
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Thanks @MartinHanak 

Partial view did the trick.  My tunnel vision was telling me I had to do it in a Detail View, but this works as well.

Cheers!

Top Tags