cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to use a view of a part as a construction sketch?

narra1985
1-Newbie

How to use a view of a part as a construction sketch?

Hi,

In Proe-WF5.0, I was wondering if someone could suggest what the easiest way was to take a view of a part (say, Front) and export that to a new part as purely a construction guide from which to help dimension the new part?

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite
(To:narra1985)

A picture is worth a thousand words...

Here you have 3 ways to do what you want.

I dont have WF5 installed but you can do all of this in WF5 as i did in Creo 2.

Video Link : 2892

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite

Hi,

You can use publish geometry and then copy geometry into new part and use as reference.

Or if you just need contures make sketch in that view and "steal" contures and save sketch to be reused in new part.

Hi Davor,

Thanks for your reply. Just to expand on your suggestions (sorry I am new to Proe), how would you do the following:

- Publish a geometry (is this an export option)? Do you mean to simply save as a new part and then convert lines to construction lines to have as a template/

- How would I steal once in a view of interest? Simply save in sketch mode (if so what format)?

Thanks for you help.

DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite

A picture is worth a thousand words...

Here you have 3 ways to do what you want.

I dont have WF5 installed but you can do all of this in WF5 as i did in Creo 2.

Video Link : 2892

Wow, thanks a lot. I really appreciate you going to the effort, this is exactly what I was looking for!

Top Tags