cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to use user defined view

akennedy
4-Participant

How to use user defined view

I know how , isometric and trimetric orientation works, but I am little bit confused how to use user defined view, please help me in this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adam,

Creo does not enable user to repeat the last command. You can create mapkey for quick access to frequently used commands. The mapkey is launched by typing key sequence on keyboard.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Hello Adam,

Can you give a bit more of a scenario you have in mind?

I ask this because in my mind the following captian obvious responses come up in the areas of automating work in Creo

Best Regards,

-  Jim

Instead of going back to the command again, is there a button to re-select the command. Like you do in autocad when you hit enter after existing a command. I have a programmable mouse and would want to set a button to command it to redo that command if possible. But I do not know of a way to do this yet in CREO 3.0

Hello Adam,

Hm, I don't recall such a command. But the  I think it's because: Unlike Autocad, Creo doesn't have a native command line text processor input methodology.  It's always been through mouse clicks.

PTC Support indicates REDO but not in the way you're thinking (https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS130804&art_lang=en&posno=3&q=redo&ProductFamily=Creo%20%26%20…)

See example video here.  You can see that is related to undoing the last command, then changing your mind and undoing the undo, they call this redo.  But it's not like the autocad typed in command 'redo'.

Video Link : 6283

Adam,

Creo does not enable user to repeat the last command. You can create mapkey for quick access to frequently used commands. The mapkey is launched by typing key sequence on keyboard.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
akennedy
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Thank you.

Do you have good tutorials on MapKEYS?

Adam,

unfortunatelly I do not have a tutorial on mapkeys.

You can begin your investigation on http://help.ptc.com page, then go to Creo Parametric and search keyword mapkey.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
dgrobe
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

you could set up mapkeys similar to Acad commands, like.. hitting L for line in ACAD, you create a mapkey, where you hit L/enter, it will bring up the draw line command, while in drawing.  but, just like you, coming from ACAD, i struggled at first, and once i figured out how to get around in Creo, its much easier.  and you will figure out mapkeys, you will want, like, i have a save mapkey, that automatically zooms all, saves, and enters.  as well as a create views mapkey, that creates the isometric views we use on drawings.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:dgrobe)

But unlike AutoCAD, "enter" <CR> does not activate the command. The right combination (up to 4 characters) activates the command. In Acad, you can have, "L", "LL", "LLL", .... but in Creo, if you created those mapkeys, the first one "L" would run each time and you would never get to "LL" or "LLL" or ....

So chose your mapkey character combinations carefully so that you don't deactivate another mapkey because your new one is shorter.

Hi, maybe this short tutorial will be helpful: 

Best Regards, Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:akennedy)

MartinHanak is true.

Small tip for Creo 2.0 M110:

When you edit dimmensions value you can use middle mouse button scrolling in order to set last value.

MMB-scroll.jpg

Double click on dimmensions will activate editing. Target your mouse cursor on dimmension value and scroll middle mouse button down.

This function is avaible only in graphics area.

It is not avaible in sketcher and drawing mode.

Milan

Trebla
15-Moonstone
(To:akennedy)
Top Tags