cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

ID NUMBER IN DRAWING TABLES

Daniel_Rendon
4-Participant

ID NUMBER IN DRAWING TABLES

I have made a mapkey that select a drawing table and export them. In the mapkey text definition appear a number that I believe is the ID table number like in the image:

Capture.PNG

Does anybody know about this number, or how to change this number?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mender
6-Contributor
(To:Daniel_Rendon)

A table that is the 63rd created in your drawing cannot be changed to be the 55th, no (the off-by-one is because these start from zero).

If not by ID (which I agree will only work if the table is part of your drawing template), how would you plan to identify the table as opposed to other tables that might exist?  Could your special table be on a 'layer for this sort of table'?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
mender
6-Contributor

Yes, that's an id.  It says 'this is a table, id 54, (maybe it says first segment)'.  I don't know what you mean by 'change the number'.  Clarify?

Daniel_Rendon
4-Participant
(To:mender)

Thanks Matthew.

I will use the mapkey for a lot of drawings, but not always the ID table is 54, if I run the mapkey in a drawing where there isn't ID 54 thisone don't run.

I have observed that the ID table is assassinated automatically with a consecutive form.

Can I change this ID? For example a table has ID 62. Can it be changed to 54?

Or there is another form to select automatically a table with a mapkey?

Thanks.

mender
6-Contributor

A table that is the 63rd created in your drawing cannot be changed to be the 55th, no (the off-by-one is because these start from zero).

If not by ID (which I agree will only work if the table is part of your drawing template), how would you plan to identify the table as opposed to other tables that might exist?  Could your special table be on a 'layer for this sort of table'?

Daniel_Rendon
4-Participant
(To:mender)

Matthew.

Thanks, that's my solution.

The table will be in a Layer and sort it and export.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Slightly off topic comment...  Be careful with mapkeys that select tables or change formats.  PTC change the order is which Creo steps through tables.  It used to be from the lowest number to the highest but at some point (maybe when Creo 3 was released) they reversed it and now it goes from the highest (most recent) back to the lowest (oldest).  FWIW.

Hi Daniel,

The goal is to export a table to a csv file.

1) Is it possible to select the table manually and then launch the macro to export it ?

If yes, this macro will do the job :

mapkey X ~ Command `ProCmdDwgTblSaveasCSV`

mapkey(continued) ~ Trail `UI Desktop` `UI Desktop` `DLG_PREVIEW_POST` `file_open`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdDwgTblSaveasCSV`

mapkey(continued) ~ Trail `UI Desktop` `UI Desktop` `DLG_PREVIEW_POST` `file_open`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Select `file_open` `Ph_list.Filelist` 1 `table.csv`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProFileSelPushOpen@context_dlg_open_cmd`;

If no table : nothing happens.

If a table is selected the macro will export it to a csv file after prompt for the export file name. Could be modified is the name is always the same.

2) The table you want to export is always at the same place in the drawing : select it by area seelction and proceed to the exportation.

3) The table is anywhere : launch an improved macro that will prompt the user to select the table (area selection or direct selection) and then proceed to the exportation

Hoping this could be helpful.

Pierre

Daniel_Rendon
4-Participant
(To:pperrin)

Pierre. That's my objective.

1. It is possible, but my objective is automatize this selection. It mean that I don't have to select the table.

2. My table is not always in the same place in the drawing.

3. Maybe, but I want to automatize completely.

Thanks.

Top Tags