cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

ISO tolerance table

byork
17-Peridot

ISO tolerance table

I am having trouble figuring out how to get the tolerance tables to work.  I am not able to select hole or any of the values.

2018-05-01_13-16-29.jpg

I have enabled the ISO/DIN Medium Tolerance mode and loaded the tables.  I have also loaded the DIN.dtl.

2018-05-01_13-40-13.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
SAGARPATIL
12-Amethyst
(To:byork)

I think go and enable tolerance type then may be possible to select.

-Sagar

pausob
18-Opal

I'm not sure - because you use Creo 4.0 (I'm on Creo 2.0), and also I'm guessing from your screenshot: but you seem to be loading the tolerance tables into the drawing?  And the dimensions you are concerned with - are they "shown" dimensions, or are they drawing annotations?

In other words, is the dimension you are trying to change named d1 or add1?

If it's "add1", then it should work.  If it is a "d1", then you need to load the hole tables into the model and assign the fits to the model dimensions.

byork
17-Peridot
(To:pausob)

@pausob I tired that but not success.  I believe there is a bug in Creo 4.0

RoyCrerar
14-Alexandrite

Hi There, I've been having the same problem today. Eventually managed to work it out though.

I added the following config options.

tol_display = yes

tolerance_class = medium

tolerance table_dir = 'you'll need to work this out for yourself' (creo install directory probably) look for *.ttl* files

Then in the model I had to load the tolerance tables.

in the model go to..

File\prepare\model properties

in features and geometry there is tolerance

change (you may need to change std too)

tol tables

retrieve

select all in the list which should come from the location above (use shift key to select all in one go)

You should now be able to select plus/minus and then the box will give you options general\broken edge\shaft\hole from there you can select H6 or whatever you need.

k finding a reliable supplier in China. It can be very difficult. I just had some aluminum prototypes made by a company I found on Alibaba and the tolerances were not even close to being correct. I was very specific and clear about the tolerances that I wanted and how the parts should fit together. However, when the parts arrived they would not fit together and were all about +/- 0.5mm or worse. I am sure there are better suppliers out there, just be skeptical of anything they tell you.

Top Tags