cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Images/decals not showing up

Aaronm87
12-Amethyst

Images/decals not showing up

I'm trying to add a decal to the surface of a model and the tutorials I have seen look pretty straight forward so I'm not sure whats wrong. The surface will change colors (rest of the model is black, it goes to gray when applying the decal). Am I missing something or do I need to get a license to put a picture in the model?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Two things to consider... there was a problem with older versions of Creo where the image shows up once but later it simply disappears.  Are you running a certified Creo computer?  That simply means that OpenGL is working properly.  You can try the win32gdi toggle in config.pro to test your problem but not recommended for a permanent fix.

I still have trouble with a label on a drawing format.  It is there... it shows up on a new session... but at some point, Creo gives up displaying it.  It still prints fine regardless.

Use your support maintenance with issues like these as well as posting here.  Sometimes the PTC Tech's are pretty savvy on things Creo...  and if you did uncover a bug, they will report it (you might have to convince them to report it in some cases).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Two things to consider... there was a problem with older versions of Creo where the image shows up once but later it simply disappears.  Are you running a certified Creo computer?  That simply means that OpenGL is working properly.  You can try the win32gdi toggle in config.pro to test your problem but not recommended for a permanent fix.

I still have trouble with a label on a drawing format.  It is there... it shows up on a new session... but at some point, Creo gives up displaying it.  It still prints fine regardless.

Use your support maintenance with issues like these as well as posting here.  Sometimes the PTC Tech's are pretty savvy on things Creo...  and if you did uncover a bug, they will report it (you might have to convince them to report it in some cases).

Changing my settings didn't work, but I used another computer (100% default installation) and decals worked correctly. Turns out, I had my "textures" option set as no.

Can you upload your model? So we can give it a shot.

Top Tags