Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import DXF with many holes

SOLVED
Highlighted
Amethyst

Import DXF with many holes

Hi,

I want to import a dxf_file with 8400 holes in it and extrude the curves.

I clicked on File->Open-> (dxf-file) -> then I selected "part" ->open

The dxf-file is imported as a curves. I tried to project the curves to a new sketch, but its not a lot of fun to select 8400 curves one by one in the project-command.

DXF-KURVE.JPG

Does anybody have a solution ?

Thanks,

Maik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Import DXF with many holes

@MaikTheBike wrote:

Thanks Martin,

With the identical-option it only takes about 30 seconds to create the pattern. Very nice.

Maybe there is also a solution for importing and using dxf-files with a lot of lines that don't use patterns ?

Thanks

Hi,

1.)

If your DXF does not contain too many items then you can import DXF into sketch in Sketcher mode.

Note: Importing 8400 circles failed on my PC.

2.)

You can try Autobuild Z. See https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r6.0/usascii/index.html#page/data_exchange%2Fautobuildz%2...

Unfortunatelly I do not know how to use this tool.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

your holes form a regular pattern. Suggestion: Do not import DXF, recreate holes using Creo.

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin,

The holes are elongated holes/Slots. It works to extrude one of them and to pattern the extrusion but it takes a very Long time (About 30 min).

I also want to be able to Import/extrude DXF-files that don't use patterns to be more flexible...

So what can I do ?

Thanks,

Maik

@MaikTheBike wrote:

Thanks Martin,

The holes are elongated holes/Slots. It works to extrude one of them and to pattern the extrusion but it takes a very Long time (About 30 min).

I also want to be able to Import/extrude DXF-files that don't use patterns to be more flexible...

So what can I do ?

Thanks,

Maik

Hi,

in pattern definition go to Option tab and change Regeneration option value to Identical (holes do not interfere). This setting will reduce regeneration time.

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin,

With the identical-option it only takes about 30 seconds to create the pattern. Very nice.

Maybe there is also a solution for importing and using dxf-files with a lot of lines that don't use patterns ?

Thanks

@MaikTheBike wrote:

Thanks Martin,

Thanks

Hi,

1.)

If your DXF does not contain too many items then you can import DXF into sketch in Sketcher mode.

Note: Importing 8400 circles failed on my PC.

2.)

You can try Autobuild Z. See https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/r6.0/usascii/index.html#page/data_exchange%2Fautobuildz%2...

Unfortunatelly I do not know how to use this tool.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post