cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Importing Creo Parametric 1.0 Customizations

ptc-1704429
1-Newbie

Importing Creo Parametric 1.0 Customizations

has anyone had any luck importing settings from a creo_parametric_customization.ui?

I can create a customization, export it to the file above, then re-set the quick access toolbar (QAT) to the default.

When I go to import from the newly created creo_parametric_customization.ui file, nothing happens. QAT is still the same.

Anyone else see this happen?

I have also had no luck with the config option "load_ui_customization_run_dir yes"

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10

Works for me on Creo 1.0 M020 and M030. What subversion is your Creo Parametric 1.0?

David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-1704429)

I too can import them fine in Creo 1.0 M010 and M020. I haven't tried the config option.

M030 is the build i've got installed. I'll try again. Thanks guys.

Hey there Ken. Have you had any success with your UI changes? I'm messing with Creo 2 m010 and having one pain after another trying to get a standard customized UI file. I've tried to make changes to the in-graphics toolbar and the Quick Access toolbar. I've made the changes in prt mode, asm mode and drw mode and can only get two modes, prt and asm, to repeat. Today, I created a new prt file and it did not have the custom ui but when I opened my previous prt file it had the custom ui????

Can anyone provide some insight to the magic steps to create a custom UI and have it repeat in all modes?

TIA, Jim

Hi Jim - I'm still on Creo 1 M030, so not sure if this will help:

-I gave up on the admin customization.ui file

-I have only one customization.ui file in my "start in" folder

-I use the config.pro option: load_ui_customization_run_dir yes

-I delete any .ui files that get created in my working directory (or elsewhere on my computer like C:\docs & settings\user\Application Data\PTC\...)

hope this helps

ken

Ken...thanks for the reply. I think I've managed to have some success. I now have the creo_parametric_admin_customization,ui file providing the desired toolbar settings in all modes, drw, prt, asm and shtmtl. What a struggle this was and time wasting. I did log two cases with Tech Support related to his activity.

Regards, Jim

Hi jim,

I think I have the same problems you had.

When I adjust my ribbon for drawings I lost my button in the assembly.

What did you do to fix this problem?

Best regards,

Christophe

Hi Christophe.

Initially I would make a ui edit in one mode which created the creo_parametric_customization.ui file.Then, I'd rename that file to creo_parametric_admin_customization.ui and then tried to make another customization and save it to the admin file. What I finally figured out was to make the ui edits in each mode which edited the creo_parametric_customization file. After I had made all the ui edits in each mode I wanted them in then I renamed the ui file to creo_parametric_admin_customization.ui. We push this file to the Common/build code#/Text folder and every user has the ui changes.It was a lot of trial and error then finally, at least for now, success.

Regards, Jim

Thx Jim,

But I think that I have found the solution, for the moment it works.

I had to change something in the config.

load_ui_customization_run_dir (yes to no)

Regards,

Christophe

Hi All - here you can find some information about Creo customization:

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
Top Tags