cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Indendent child view on an assembly drawing

IanEdwards
1-Newbie

Indendent child view on an assembly drawing

Hi all,

I have an assembly drawing in Creo 2.0 which comprises of one general view, and 3 detailed views (scale 10:1). In one of those detailed views I would like to remove a small component to better show the profile underneath. How can I go about this without affecting the general view? I have tried using component display (blank), simplified reps, and also using layer status, but in each case any changes made to the child view are also displayed on the parent view.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:IanEdwards)

Simplified reps are probably the way to go, but to use these in a part drawing, you actually have to re-add the model (again) to the drawing, specifying the simplified rep. while adding.

http://help.ptc.com/creo_hc/creo30_pma_hc/usascii/#page/pma/detail/To_Set_Prt_Simp_Reps_As_Dwg_Mdls_for_Act_Dwg.html

Thanks, but unless I'm missing something, the detailed view takes the same simplified rep status as the parent view? I am looking for the detailed view to have one small component removed (for clarity), but I want that component displayed in my main, general view.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

What about cheating a little bit.

1. Move the detailed view outside of the visible area.
  2. Add a general view of the simplified rep and place it outside the visible area.
  3. Create a new detailed view of the simplified rep general view.  Place this where the original detailed view was.
  4. Blank both of the views outside of the printable area.  (The original detailed view and the new simplified rep general view.)

Yeah, I am aware of several ways to cheat / fudge / bodge this.... but that's not in my DNA. Appreciate your time though.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Whenever you use a DETAIL view, there is no way I've ever seen to have it look different than where it is coming from. Tom's method is good. I generally just create the detail view as a general partial view and then add draft circles and notes to make it a detail view.

Hi,

I think layer functionality can help you.

You have to set following detail options in your drawing:

draw_layer_overrides_model     YES

ignore_model_layer_status      YES

Info available at http://help.ptc.com/creo_hc/creo30_pma_hc/usascii/index.html#page/pma/detail/detail_options.html

Then you can set layer status indepedently for every view.

MH

Martin Hanák
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:MartinHanak)

I tried this. Layer status of detail views are parent driven, at least in Creo 2.

layer-status.jpg

Top Tags