cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Individual Drawing View Layer Updates All Drawing Views

Rpgv11
4-Participant

Individual Drawing View Layer Updates All Drawing Views

I'm working with an assembly. One of the piece parts of the assembly has sketched letters on it for electrical component call outs. I'm trying to get the sketched letters to only show up on certain views in my drawing, but when I use the layers tab and pick that specific view to hide the sketched letters in. It updates all of the drawing views with that part in it. Is this happening because I sketched the letters at the part level instead of the assembly level and now they are always associated with that part whether it's on a layer or not? Any help is appreciated as I've looked through YouTube videos and in these message boards and haven't found anything helpful, yet. This is my first time posting so if you need more info or anything please let me know. Thanks in advance for any help/direction.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Rpgv11)

The sketched letters need to be on a "named" layer, not just the hidden later.

In the drawing, to make sure you are changing the layer of the view only, if you push the arrow on the in the layer tree, the views all show with a box around them, select the "view box" surounding the view (make sure you are not selecting parts or components. The view will now have it's own layer control, turn off the "named" layer you wish to not be seen in that view. Make sure you save status once you get the layers like you want them.

Also, be careful not to select views you do not wish to control the layers independently. Its always a mess when someone ends up controlling all views layers individually.

Lots more info in this post. https://community.ptc.com/t5/Detailing-MBD-MBE/How-can-I-set-the-layer-status-for-all-drawing-views/m-p/343192

Rpgv11
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Thank you very much for the information. I also realized I had set the config.pro option to automatically turn on "Fast HLR for drawing" which wasn't helping my cause, either. Thanks for helping a newbie!

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Rpgv11)

FastHLR is sometimes a problem. I have mine turned off also for the inconsistencies it causes. I don't remember why I first turned it off.

Layers aren't just a newbie problem. There are plenty of long time users who simply avoid them because they can be confusing, especially when adding in drawing controls and hidden items and model/drawing overrides.

Top Tags