cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Insert image to drawing?

JamesBurcham
4-Participant

Insert image to drawing?

I'm trying to insert an image into a drawing and I can find a way to get the image to show. No matter how I insert the image all I get is this.

route+bad.jpg The image file name. I want it to show the actually image.

route+plate+text.jpg

I have tried getting them image by importing an AutoCAD drawing, but when I do that the image does not display at all. I have also tried inserting an object and thats when I get the image of the file name(see above). I have tried several file types and none seem to import the actaul image.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi James,

Please try to insert Bitmap image (*.bmp) instead of JPEG (Insert > Object > Create from File > Choose the image in .bmp format).

Regards,

Mahesh

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi James,

Please try to insert Bitmap image (*.bmp) instead of JPEG (Insert > Object > Create from File > Choose the image in .bmp format).

Regards,

Mahesh

Hello James,

I think this is an Issue with Windows, open the image up in paint, and whilst it's still open insert the image into your drawing. (There is a registry key you can change to fix this I believe)

Tim

Thanks guys, I was able to get the image in from paint. Now the issue I have is that I lose the detail from the image. I kind of expected this, so I'm going to go a different route.

Thanks for the quick response.

You can set the resolution for images in drawings also. By default it is only 150 DPI.

See this post: How to insert a PDF in detail

To get a good .BMP image I scale the source up to look good on the screen and do a screen capture. I can usually preserve that level of detail without issues.

Thanks Antonius, but my image problem isn't with Creo it from the program I am pulling from. Since I don't have access to our image software, I have to copy the image from another software, then pull it into Creo. Turns out that is where I am losing the image quality. So now its a personal problem for me not a PTC problem. I hate when that happens.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Top Tags