cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Inspection box/obround in a note

rory_hawkins
4-Participant

Inspection box/obround in a note

I've had a look through quite a few historical posts on this but can't find one with a definitive answer.

Specifically within a note, I am aware you can add a 'Basic' dim box by using the @[  and @] either side of the text to surround it in a box.

Is there an equivalent way of doing this in a note with the Inspection box/obround (a box with rounded corners)?

4 REPLIES 4

Nothing that I know can do this. What we've been forced to do, which is really annoying, is to actually sketch the oval-shaped outline around the text of interest. Really inconvenient when you want to change the text, but it looks okay.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:rory_hawkins)

Nope. You can add and inspection obround when using a dimension but there is no direct option for adding it to a note.

You could make a symbol to add to a note.

This should be submitted as a product idea.

Any special dimensioning 'characters' should be available to be used in a note.

After doing some digging, here is a product suggestion for which you can vote.

The related link that has been archived talked about balloon, hexagons, ovals, capsule, ....

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/Create-a-box-around-text-annotation-in-Drawing-mode/idi-p/468138

Top Tags