cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Interchange Format for 3D Model to import to Creo

bcarlock
1-Newbie

Interchange Format for 3D Model to import to Creo

Hi,

I'm currently working on a very simply 3D model that I need to bring into a more powerful software to continue working on as 3D Builder in Windows 10 is being pushed to its limits.

I can export the file as:

Microsoft 3D Builder

-------

3MF

OBJ

PLY

STL

------

FreeCAD

------

svg

dwg

dxf

brp, brep

dae

unv,med,dat,inp

IGES,IGS

ifc

iv

stl,ast,bms,obj,off,ply

oca

csg

scad

pdf

step,stp

poly

wrl,vmrl,wrz

obj

html

------

Blender

------

BLEND

dae

3ds

fbx

ply

obj

x3d

stl

I have attempted to load the IGS/STP files into Creo from FreeCAD, but it fails to load the file.

What interchange format can I use? I'm at a loss here, and I'd really like to get started on working on this file more.

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:bcarlock)

As you're saying your model is simple, you could maybe rebuild it completely on Creo. It shouldn't take much time.

There are many non-native file formats that can be imported into Creo Parametric, e.g. IGES, STEP, NX, Solidworks, etc.

You can see a matrix for the versions supported here:

Which data exchange versions of: AutoCAD, IGES, Parasolid CADDS5, CATIA V4, CATIA V5, Creo Elements/Direct (CoCreate), Creo View (ProductView), DXF & DWG, Inventor, JT, NX / Unigraphics, Rhinoceros, Solidworks, STEP, are supported in Pro/ENGINEER and Creo

Thanks,

Amit

Amit,

Thanks, but I have a Basic account and am using the Student/Education version of Creo. I can't see anything at that link.

As I can see you use the Personal Edition.
This software is a trial version of Creo Elements/Direct Modeling.

In this trial version it is only possible to create 60 models, some functions are not available and the export functionality is limited.
So it is not possible to export in another dataexchange format to use the models in othe CAD systems.

The reason is: this is a trial version! This is the PTC business model.
Otherwise users can work with this software instead of the full version.

You have the possibility to import STEP, IGES, ...

But:

a studend version is also available with full functionality.

If you are a student then look for getting the studend version.

With the full functionality you can use one of the most powerful CAD-systems.

Regards

WoHo

Top Tags