cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Invalid VRML export

Stefan123
1-Newbie

Invalid VRML export

I exported an assembly to VRML with creo student.

Then I tried to import these VRML files into blender.

But the import is not working because of an parser error.

Meshlab and Windows 10 3D Builder are also not able to open the creo VRML files.

When I import the VRML files back into creo it works fine.

But why are the other tools not able to open the VRML export files???

2 REPLIES 2

Have you done a side-by-side comparison of a "good" VRML file with the one you are getting from Creo? There are a lot of restrictions put upon student versions of Creo, to enforce what seems to be a policy of "we'll let you learn to use the software, but you can't output data that could be used for production work". There might be a formatting difference in the VRML you get from Creo that is invalid with any other programs. Similar in philosophy to the fact that you can't exchange Creo part or assembly files between the student and production versions of the software.

Just a guess on my part, but since VRML is a text-based format, you could check it out.

VRML is a text-based code.  You should be able to edit the file to see what is different from other VRML files.

If nothing else, you can remove the body of the geometry and paste it into a file with a proper header.

I use to prune and merge .WRL files manually in the day. 

VRML was one of the great specifications of its time and still used widely under different guises. 

Can you use the .OBJ and .STL exports?

Top Tags