cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Invisible drawing in creo2.... Any solutions

ptc-2053410
1-Newbie

Invisible drawing in creo2.... Any solutions

Right, weird problem over the last two days. We even resorted to trying to get through on the PTC help line but gave up.

One of the guys creo2 installs is doing this weird thing when you go to open a previously made drawing. All the views and annotations (notes and dimensions) have become invisible and impossible to turn back on.. They are there because you can mouse over them plus some random axis are visible where each of the views should be. If I open the drawing on my machine it opens up fine.

So this is also complicated a little bit by the fact that we had just installed windchill on his machine the week earlier and we were using configs provided by PTC. He was working offline on these drawings that were previously not created in windchill... Not sure if the Windchill part is relevent but windchill is part of the story and with the trouble we have had with it, nothing would surprise me.

-So to simplify things we uninstalled creo2 from his machined and reinstalled it (without setting windchill up) and pointed it back to where his config files live... Result: Same invisible drawing issue

-We then point Creo to a random folder to start in that contains none of our settings: Result: drawings open up fine

-Copied one of the other users config folders over and pointed it to that.... Result: Worked fine, views, notes and dimensions visible (apart from dropping out the drawing format but just tweaked that config setting and all good). Until Creo2 crashed then back to the same problem!

So we are stuck.... Any suggestions?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So the resolution to this is kind of convoluted and we are not 100 percent sure what is going on but fixed it, first of all we we did fresh install and ran Creo without windchill with same config files etc... Problem fixed... Then I myself had the misfortune of having to work on a project in windchill (and the same problem happened).... Nightmare, however this time I perservered and talked to tech support... Spent 2 hours on the line to trying a bunch of stuff. Interestingly, when you went into the config settings the drawings in the background would show normally... Jump out of settings dialogue box and the page would hide all the drawings. This problem only arises after you run windchill for the first time on an install then keeps happening even when working off line. Really weird... . .So we tracked it down to a config conflict with the syscols not loading properly when running windchill and for some reason the problem then manifests itsself even when you are working offline where there was no problem before... The reason why we could not see anything was because we run black backgrounds and the default syscol colours were being picked up an run by creo (this actually affected our part files aswell, all the dimensions and sketch constraints went black)... hence why everything was invisible but was also still there... Our configs have not changed for over a year and this was the first time we had used windchill with Creo2 M040. WIthin the Config.pro there were a few legacy syscol fields filled in which we blew away and after that it all worked well (as well as anything can work in windchill)... Worst thing was though the ptc guy accidently blew away all my shortcut keys that I had only just fixed.. Unfortunately I didn't have a back up, only a back up of my wildfire 5 ones so I have to fix them all over again! Painful.... But at least Creo is usable again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello, Paul,

This is just to start the discussion.

What graphics card do you have on this station, did you do an update of drivers.

The design would it have been done with colors or styles of special features.

Cordially.

Denis

Is there a custom graphics config in config.pro that is changing the system colors to something incompatible?

And log your case through the PTC support portal. They will respond... e...v...e...t...u...a...l.....l......y.........

Send your issue for PTC's technical support ("Create a New Support Case"): https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/case/case_logger.jsp

So the resolution to this is kind of convoluted and we are not 100 percent sure what is going on but fixed it, first of all we we did fresh install and ran Creo without windchill with same config files etc... Problem fixed... Then I myself had the misfortune of having to work on a project in windchill (and the same problem happened).... Nightmare, however this time I perservered and talked to tech support... Spent 2 hours on the line to trying a bunch of stuff. Interestingly, when you went into the config settings the drawings in the background would show normally... Jump out of settings dialogue box and the page would hide all the drawings. This problem only arises after you run windchill for the first time on an install then keeps happening even when working off line. Really weird... . .So we tracked it down to a config conflict with the syscols not loading properly when running windchill and for some reason the problem then manifests itsself even when you are working offline where there was no problem before... The reason why we could not see anything was because we run black backgrounds and the default syscol colours were being picked up an run by creo (this actually affected our part files aswell, all the dimensions and sketch constraints went black)... hence why everything was invisible but was also still there... Our configs have not changed for over a year and this was the first time we had used windchill with Creo2 M040. WIthin the Config.pro there were a few legacy syscol fields filled in which we blew away and after that it all worked well (as well as anything can work in windchill)... Worst thing was though the ptc guy accidently blew away all my shortcut keys that I had only just fixed.. Unfortunately I didn't have a back up, only a back up of my wildfire 5 ones so I have to fix them all over again! Painful.... But at least Creo is usable again.

Top Tags