cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Is anyone successfully using a .rcp file to dummy down data for export?

DavidFrancis
1-Newbie

Is anyone successfully using a .rcp file to dummy down data for export?

I am having no success at using a .rcp fle to export geometry to a .pvz file that is not manufacturable or revere engineerable?

Any insights?

Thanks,

David T. Francis

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
mbarrows
4-Participant
(To:DavidFrancis)

I see this problem has been around for a long time!

I'm trying to get Creo to export parts with combination views and annotations so that I open and see them in Creo view express lite. The aim will be to replace the drawing environment. So far all I'm getting is that we have to go onto maintenance to run the free software the way we want it.

mbarrows
4-Participant
(To:mbarrows)

I've been successful with getting my combination files in Creo View Express.

One you need to set the intf_out_pvs_recipe_file in the configuration editor to a directory which you can edit.

You then copy export_pvs.rcp into that directory

You then open it in Notepad and add in

adapter/convAllStates = 1

If you now save your file as a PVS or PVZ file it includes all the Combination Views under the viewable tab.

I've also included

adapter/simplifiedReps=1

Currently I'm not getting my simplified reps to work well with a combination view. In fact I'm not convinced this adapter made any different at all. Which kind of defeat the purpose!? As what I really wanted to show in the factory was the different simplified reps.

Anyone which found a solution on this? I need to show both the combination of the Orientation and the Simplified Rep.

mbarrows
4-Participant
(To:mbarrows)

Hi just an updated - I've worked through all the adapters in my recipe file and this is what I've ended up with. I didn't check for sxec views or in assemblies. This is purely for parts with several combination views. I've also not got the simplified reps working yet.

file=proepview-rcp

ver=5

*/ This influence the visibilitiy of annotations

adapter/outputAnnotPlanar=1

/* This adds a list of the Combination views under Orientation if =1

adapter/convViews=0

*/ These adds a list of the COMBINATION views under Viewables if = one

adapter/outputAuthorState=1

adapter/convAllStates=1

Top Tags