cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Is it possible to assign a parameter to several dimensions in one expression?

rmcboaty
7-Bedrock

Is it possible to assign a parameter to several dimensions in one expression?

like d230 = R1

d232 = R1

d233 = R1

but instead of writing it like that (and having less readable code) i would like to write it something like:

d230 = d232 = d233 = R1 or

d230, d232, d233 = R1

I know that you can press control and select all the lines (for fillet in this case), but i would like to call them all from the model on the drawing (because if i manually dimension it, the dims sometimes lose the connection and go purple, when i change those or other values).

I also have pro/program available, if it helps.

thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

you have bad luck . Requested notation is not implemented.

MH

Martin Hanák

anything similar also not (not notation, basic principle)? i also have pro/program lic, if it matters.

Hi,

as Ben Loosli indicated, inside feature (Extrude, Revolve) section you can set fillet radii equality using sketcher Equal constraints. In such case all radii are driven by one dimension and therefore you need to define one relation, only.

radii.png

MH

Martin Hanák

I would like to do that (equal radii) so that i could have multiple dims that i could call out (all of them) from the model in the drawing.

i think that way (called dims) the model is more robust to the changes (application is parametric design of standard assm families)

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:rmcboaty)

In a sketch I like to type the name one dimension (d32) into the value of another dimension to make them equal and still be able to call that dimension on a print.

I will also use d32/2 in a dimension to control symmetry, instead of the symmetry constraint, so that I have both dimensions to use on the print.

Both of these create a relation driven dimension that can be shown on the print.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:rmcboaty)

Set the radii in your model to be equal, then you only need to set d230 = R1.

Better still, select properties from your first radius and rename it to RADIUS1, then set the other radii equal to that one.

If they are in multiple sketches/features and cannot be set equal, then let the system build the relations by editing the values and entering RADIUS1 for the dimension.

Top Tags