cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Is there a way to edit and sort the BOM table?

dd'hondt
1-Newbie

Is there a way to edit and sort the BOM table?

I wonder if there is a way to sort the BOM table?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member
(To:dd'hondt)

The current BOM functionality has no real sorting capability (at least none that I know about). What you would have to do would be to change the position numbers to match the part number ordering (lowest part number have a position number of 1, next part number with a position number of 2, etc.) This would all have to be done manually. Then you could draw the BOM table on your drawing. You could then go back and edit the position numbers to other values; the position numbers in the table would be automatically updated, but the order of the parts would still be sorted by part number.

If this is important functionality for you, I suggest that you enter a product enhancement. You might also want to contact a company that does customization for Creo Elements/Direct Modeling because what you are asking for could be done with some customization-I've written some similar customization of the BOM table for my company.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

you can change the number of the parts in the BOM list with change position number.

change bom number.png

then redraw the Bom and the list will be sorted.

I know I can do it that way, but is there a way to sort them automatically by partnumber. Every part has his unique partnumber.

PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member
(To:dd'hondt)

The current BOM functionality has no real sorting capability (at least none that I know about). What you would have to do would be to change the position numbers to match the part number ordering (lowest part number have a position number of 1, next part number with a position number of 2, etc.) This would all have to be done manually. Then you could draw the BOM table on your drawing. You could then go back and edit the position numbers to other values; the position numbers in the table would be automatically updated, but the order of the parts would still be sorted by part number.

If this is important functionality for you, I suggest that you enter a product enhancement. You might also want to contact a company that does customization for Creo Elements/Direct Modeling because what you are asking for could be done with some customization-I've written some similar customization of the BOM table for my company.

Top Tags