cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Is there a way to prevent users from adding a datum reference to a gtol without the datum existing?

cloomis
1-Newbie

Is there a way to prevent users from adding a datum reference to a gtol without the datum existing?

I am testing Creo 5 for my company before we implement it for all of the designers and engineers and I came across this.  In the gtol pictured below(I created for this post), it has a reference to Datums A, B and C.  However, only datum A exists, datums B and C do NOT exist.  How can I prevent someone from accidentally doing this on a drawing that might go to production?  Is there an option in Creo 5 that will only let me reference a Datum if it exists?

GDT_example.PNG

1 REPLY 1
rreifsnyder
13-Aquamarine
(To:cloomis)

When PTC was changing how the GTOL datums worked and this was proposed we asked them to give us some kind of visual difference like the color of the datum called out in the tolerance block showing that it was not linked to a defined datum. They balked at that so we asked for at least having a modelcheck for this. I thought they agreed to this but I haven't looked yet.

Top Tags