cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to save a drawing only, with no models being saved?

Is there a way to save a drawing only, with no models being saved?

Sounds like a silly question...

I know there is a config option to control which models are saved with a drawing (always or modified only)... but I can't for the life of me remember if it is even possible to only save the drawing.

I've created an automation project with all model parameters externally controlled, and want users to be able to modify drawing templates and save them as new drawings, without saving the underlying configurable models.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Is there a way to save a drawing only, with no models being saved?

Hi,

what about this ...

1.] copy models to "working" directory

2.] run your automation application using models from "working" directory

3.] delete models from "working" directory

Martin Hanák

You could open the drawings with the "no views" rep which will not pull in the model. You can change the template and save without saving the model however if there are any model parameters called out in the drawing template then you will need the model when you change the template.

You can copy outside Creo? In "My Computer" / File Explorer? And then open it into your Creo world afterwards ...

I can't believe that after 25 years, there isn't a simple config option called "SAVE_DRAWING_ONLY".

But then again, I scratch my head every day at some of the goofiest things that have never been addressed after decades.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted

I think you're looking tor the "create_drawing_dims_onlyconfig option.  If set to "yes", it will save the created dimensions in the drawing, not the model.  There are some limitations of this mode, but I don't recall the details.