cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Is there any method to change the sheet name to match the sheet number in a CREO 3.0 Drawing?

jforsyth
12-Amethyst

Is there any method to change the sheet name to match the sheet number in a CREO 3.0 Drawing?

I would like to know if it is possible to have the Sheet Name (system variable &sheet_name) changed to match the drawing sheet number (variable &sheet_number) automatically.

My scenario is this:

• I have a 5 sheet drawing.

Before

• I want to move sheet 5 after sheet 2.

After

The sheet number on sheet tab 5 has changed to 3 but the sheet tab still says 5.

Is there any way to have the sheet 5 tab automatically change to read Sheet 3 and the following sheet tabs to read sequentially?

any assistance would be helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:jforsyth)

I don't believe so. There is an existing product enhancement request Link the drawing sheet tabs to the drawing sheet numbers

As stated in that post, there was an effort by PTC product managers to get this in to Creo 4 but it didn't make it and they are going to try for creo 5.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenW
23-Emerald II

I don't believe so. There is an existing product enhancement request Link the drawing sheet tabs to the drawing sheet numbers

As stated in that post, there was an effort by PTC product managers to get this in to Creo 4 but it didn't make it and they are going to try for creo 5.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

But I should say, you can edit that sheet name in the tab by double clicking it...nothing automagic but it is fixable.

jforsyth
12-Amethyst
(To:StephenW)

Stephen,

Thanks for the answer.

I guess I will wait until there is an enhancement.

The Masked Rider or a Raider Red?

thanks again.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

BOTH!!!

Hi,

sheet name shown on sheet tab is text string, only which is assigned at the moment of sheet creation. Therefore if you change sheet order, it is not changed (Microsoft Excel works the same way).

Suggestion: Create an application which automates sheet names renaming according your company rules.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags