cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Issue with BOM balloon type change

skashyap
4-Participant

Issue with BOM balloon type change

Dear All,

There are parametric bom balloons in multiple sheets.

If I change the bom balloon type from quantity split to simple circle, all the parametric balloons in the drawing except the one's which are in current sheet are going off.

Has anybody faced this issue?

Request all to let me know due to what this behaviour occurs.

Thanks in advance.

Y S Srikanth Kashyap

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
13 REPLIES 13
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:skashyap)

If I understand correctly, PTC only allows one balloons if the it is quantity split. So you cannot have multiple "5"'s on a drawing some on page 1, 3 and 8. They will only show up on one page.

If you are changing them, they are probably assuming you want the current page to have the balloon verses other pages.

skashyap
4-Participant
(To:Dale_Rosema)

If I change the type to custom symbol, it works.. Only issue is with conversion from quantity split to simple type.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

If I am understanding you correctly can't you make a "custom" symbol that is just a copy of the simple type and then use that? Are you using ALT symbol?

skashyap
4-Participant
(To:Chris3)

As per the requirement ,It needs to be "simple circle".

It is in few drawings itself. Not all.

So I was wondering, what could be the cause for this behaviour.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Can you clarify what you mean by "going off"

Also you didn't answer my first question.You said that a custom symbol works. Have you tried making a custom symbol that looks like the simple type and then use ALT symbol to replace the one that you want with your custom symbol that looks like the simple circle?

Chris3
20-Turquoise

You may have missed it, but if you try and replace just one balloon with a simple balloon you get the message below. You can get around this by tricking Creo with a custom balloon as I mentioned above.

Capture.PNG

skashyap
4-Participant

Thanks for suggestion Chris.

Only in few drawings this issue is arising.

Suppose if a drawing has quantity split and if I change it to simple circle, it successfully converts.

In few drawings it is vanished.

I am not able to figure out why is this behaviour in few drawings.

skashyap
4-Participant

Going off as in , its getting erased.

It will be in drawing tree, but in erased mode.

I cannot create a custom symbol because it becomes symbol instance. But "simple circle "is a note.

I am not allowed to create custom symbol and use it as "simple circle" balloon type.

skashyap
4-Participant

QtyBalloonIssue.PNG

Balloons are in erased mode after conversion.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

I have had leaders disappear on me (for which I understand the reason) but I have never had balloons get erased on me. Is it possible you have a fancy layer rule that looks for the simple balloon type and layers them off? Other than that, I don't have any other ideas. Maybe someone else has experienced this. It may be helpful for other people to specify what version you are using.

skashyap
4-Participant

This issue comes when we do ballooning by components.. Simple balloons will be erased once we change the bom balloon type

skashyap
4-Participant

And I am loading ProE part into Creo.. Can this be one of the reason?

Chris3
20-Turquoise

No opening up older versions of a CAD part will not cause this issue. Do you have maintenance? If so I would file a ticket with PTC. It sounds to me like you have a bug.

Top Tags