cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Issues in Models and Drawings when upgrading from ProE 5.0 to Creo 2.0

SumitBhatnagar
1-Newbie

Issues in Models and Drawings when upgrading from ProE 5.0 to Creo 2.0

I am looking at upgrading the CAD platform from ProE 5.0 to Creo 2.0.

I would like to find out if due to the upgrade of the CAD engine :

1. has anyone encountered issues such as changes to ProE Model features OR Specifications
  2. Is there full support and compatibility with the ProE 5.0 CAD data in the Creo 2.0.
  3. Any data conversion requirements for such an upgrade.

Please advise about any considerations which maybe useful for the ProE to Creo Upgrade.

Thanks,

Sumit.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

You should have no issues opening WF5 models in Creo 2.

Proe & Creo models have been very stable over the years as far as forward compatibility. I've opened Proe Rev. 16-ish models (18-20 years old) in Creo 2 with no errors.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

This might be one...

Help with dimension decimal places

Also, my very old Pro|E models did convert all sketcher dimensions and others to limit dimensions when I opened them in Creo 2.0.

this can be a problem when default Creo want to make the nominal dimension the middle of the limits.

In my view, you want to turn this "feature" off! maintain_limit_tol_nominal yes

maintain_limit_tol_nominal

maintain_limit_tol_nominal
no*, yes
maintains the nominal value of a dimension regardless of the changes that you make to the tolerance values.

(quotes don't seem to be working for this)

Thank you for these suggestions. Since you have mentioned one setting important I will try and see if this applies to our CAE data,

I would also like to know if there are other settings not available in proE, but defaulted in Creo, which the designers must be aware of.

Please also suggest any other settings which may lead to issues in 3D OR drawings.

Your advise is much appreciated.

I am not sure when accuracy was introduced or enhanced.

I never did WF so my older data has all been pre-WF.

There are a host of compatibility settings that are added to config.pro that helps Creo do proper conversion.

There is no comprehensive list of these. The best suggestion I can offer is, if something seems strange on your updated file where it is not how it was saved prior to upgrading to Creo, create a support case to see if there was a "patch" created to solve these issues. Normally, these patches are only applied once to old files so you want the patch in place before saving your old data to Creo's format.

Top Tags