cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Issues using pattern reference "&p#" (i.e. &p2) in drawings

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Issues using pattern reference "&p#" (i.e. &p2) in drawings

I'm on Creo 3 M130

There have been plenty of times in the past where I've used the patterns "dimension" of "&P#" (i.e. &p2) to show how many cuts etc. a feature has on drawings.  It USED to only give the integer (i.e. "8").  It seems with some upgrade of Creo since the old version I was using (Creo Parametric/Pro 5.0), there was a change where now it gives the value "8 EXTRUDES".  Whaaaaat?  This totally FUBARS me on dwgs, and now I simply just have to use non-parametric text.  TOTAL drag.

Is there a fix for this "enhancement" that PTC foisted upon us?

Grazie!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've seen this also, and had to edit the dimension associated with the pattern, removing the "EXTRUDES" stuff in the dimension editing dialog. Quirky behavior.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Anyone else NOTICE this change?

Creo 4.0 M060

No "Extrudes" here.

AND-P1.PNG

AND-P2.PNG

'Sup Dale!  Hmmm, you're using "#d57" instead of "&p57".  Using the "&p" gives an integer instead of real number.  BUT, maybe that's better, and then truncating the decimal places.  When looking at my pattern, I only get the "&p" though...

Perhaps that's a change in Creo 4?  Hmmmm....

That was a WF5 model brought up in Creo 4 and it still performed that way.

It is also @d since the number of holes may vary in the tubes.

Hmmm, I've never seen it as a "&d", I've only always seen it as a "&p".  Upon reflection, I'm finding I don't like the "prefix" and "suffix" functionality, I always seem to need to fix it to get exactly what I want.   I didn't think to look for a suffix, and there it was:  " EXTRUDES" so thanks to Ken for pointing that out!  I thought it was a config.pro or a .dtl setting in Creo 3 and looked for it, but it was the "functionality" the whole time that added it.  Maybe that is why your old model showed up differently, because the new Creo WOULD have added the suffix and WF5 didn't? 

Please try a new pattern in Creo 4 and see what happens.

Grazie!

Not sure I understood correctly:

AND-P3.PNG

AND-P4.PNG

From the family table - this specific instance has 10

AND-P5.PNG

Does this help?

Ah, ok, I didn't know it was a family table part.  I'm betting if you create a new part in Creo 4 and make a new pattern you'll see the " EXTRUDE" in the suffix box.

Are you showing dimensions, or adding them?

AND-P6.PNG

Top right dimension added - other four shown.

AND-P7.PNG

Now I see what you are talking about.

Yup!  Weird, huh?

I've seen this also, and had to edit the dimension associated with the pattern, removing the "EXTRUDES" stuff in the dimension editing dialog. Quirky behavior.

Top Tags